Trying to help...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by arckrc44, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arckrc44

arckrc44 Member

Hi there everyone,

I am most certainly a victim of suicide. When I was 8 years old my mother committed suicide and to this day it makes me sad. I understand the pain, the overwhelm, the suffering and despair. I know what can drive a soul to want to end it. I am not a therapist, I have no training on how to actually help people so I can't give any advice that I would be sure about.

What I am, is a film maker. I am working on my first short film called Just One More Day. It's about a young man who is about to commit suicide and makes a phone call to the suicide prevention hot line and it changes his whole life. I wrote the script and will be directing it.

I know a lot of people here are in pain, but I would like you all to read the script and watch the progress as the film is made. Once the actual production is done, I'm going to submit it to every film festival in the area of Nevada and Southern California.

I really feel for anyone who is suicidal. I wish I could embrace you and make the pain end. I've been there too and as much as it doesn't seem to matter, going that extra day makes a difference.

<Mod Edit - Acy - link to movie script deleted>
    Best,

Joseph

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for sharing. It sounds interesting. I used to suffer suicidal thoughts, and attempts for twenty-one years. It's a battle and a hard one to fight when you try doing it alone. I hope you are able to inspire others with your video. Reaching out during these times is essential to getting help. Whether it be to someone physical or spiritual. :hug:

3. arckrc44

arckrc44 Member

Thanks Daphna! I am happy to hear that you have overcome such suffering. I appreciate the support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.