Trying to hold on after breakdown

Angel777

Had such a horrible day today , been trying to get things done , slowly, but the supermarket did me in , I was just walking down the isle , and I knew I’d overdone it, started to feel panicky , quite emotional, so I had to go to the cafe , and calm down . I was just sitting there thinking of my life , and how alone I feel with my illness, thinking about my depressant dosage and how it has tripled ,to cope with my horrific symptoms of depression , (the tablets are keeping me alive at the moment )I was just sitting there looking out the window thinking my life is over , can’t afford a college course ,but to be Honest I’m too ill for that , and work too , hate being a burden to my boyfreind of 19 years . I was once going places, flying high , but not now , I’m so burnt out ,from all the stress, I just don’t know myself anymore , just see myself as a complete failure . I’ve never felt this neg about everything , but I think life now just seems so hard for me and neg. I’m getting older, and now I feel I’m officially on the scrap heap . my doctor sais I have to take things one day at a time ,and cut out stress, as my body can’t tolertae it in excess. If I push to much ile have another breakdown .but where does that leave me . My self esteem is shattered .

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hun your doctor should have told you just to get through each moment the best way you know how. Take the task in front of you and get through that a simple task like just getting your groceries paid for and get home ok. In you home you can reset your mind and calm your brain. I am sorry you are having such a bad time right now.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @Angel777 Do you always suffer with anxiety like you did in the shopping aisle? Maybe you could give therapy a try to see if that would help and make a difference or try mindfulness at home. Your doctor is right, take each day as it comes and keep the tasks simple, down to 1-3 things, I hope that would help. You're not a failure. Your illness may be feeding those sort of thoughts but its not true that you're a failure. Keep talking here with us and we will try and support you as much as possible. Best wishes x

Angel777

Thankyou so much for your help, I have had depression and anxiety for 20 years , and have always managed to cope as best as I can with the anxiety , but these last few years have been so stressfull, my Father died, I’ve been in fear of redundancy with my partners job, feeling neg about all my achievements , as I’ve been comparing myself to all the high flyers around me , and thinking I’m so thick. I know the illness is making me feel so neg , that I’m not smart enough , that I’m worthless. And I’m finding it difficult to see, that I’m enough. The breakdown was due to worrying to much , about the future , for not reaching my full potential , and thinking iile rot in a low skilled job , because my options are not there. I’m going to see a differant doctor about getting medication for my anxiety , as I’m just not coping very well at all, it seems like a positive step. My first step is just to get well, it’s now a case of an hr at a time , and I think I i need to get into counseling again for my self esteem , as it’s so bad . Thankyou , again , when everything is black it’s hard to see what to do that can help, but your reply’s are right .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00