trying to hold on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by drose, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drose

drose New Member

I have been battling a very bad bout of depression for the last three months. It has gotten to the point where I can't keep fighting it much longer. I am trying to make it through the night until I can talk to my own therapist, I don't like the on call people. They are more likely to call the police and send me straight to the hospital. I am looking for some support.
  2. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply drose,what's going on with you?What's wrong?I'm here for you.
  3. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

What's going on? I'm sorry you're hurting drose. Sounds like it's been really hard for you lately.
  4. drose

drose New Member

Everything is wrong. I am in debt, I may not have a place to live much longer, i have a 6 year old to take care of, 2 people I know are in the hospital right now, one of them is dying. I have been struggling for so long. I am so tired of the daily struggle just to get up and take care of the basics. Also my room mate's grand daughter is in the hospital right now on a suicide watch, she is only 8. I help her take care of her grand daughter while she works.
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I too am sorry for the late reply.

How are you doing now? Is it morning yet? Did you manage to contact your own therapist?

Well done for fighting, that shows how strong you are.

If you want to chat feel free to PM me,

Take care and hang in there
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

We appear to have posted at the same time, so sorry for the naff reply, I'll start again.

It sounds like you are having a really rough time at the moment, and it is natural for all those things to be stressing you out, but, like I said before, it is really good you are fighting.

Ok, lets take it point by point. Do you have any family or friends you can stay with if you end up without a place to live? Also, are you on benefits? Could you try and arrange a delay on paying back your debts? (I don't know how things work in the USA, sorry).

It is really hard when people we love and care about are all, have you talked to your therapist about how you feel about these people being ill? How often do you see him/her? Any chance you could see him/her more regularly? Are you on meds?

I'm sorry to hear about your room mates grand daughter, but remember that she is in a safe place and they are doing everything they can to help her get better. I understand it must be worrying, but she is receiving help for her problems, and hopefully that will enable her to go on to lead a happier life in the future.

Like I said, if you want to chat feel free to PM me
  7. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

hey, we are all here for you. much love, Sandra
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.