Trying to keep out of psych ward.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Green.Triceratops, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

So, been a while since i needed to come back here but i'm spiraling down again. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I took a small oversose the other day to just sleep but i ended up blacking out in front of my parents, now they know i od'd and have questions like am i suicidal and was i trying to kill myself?

I was suicidal but the dosage was hardly enough to kill me, i honestly just wanted to make myself sleep. Regardless, if i come clean they'll try to get me in a psych ward again. Mom will probably tell my therapist and he'll do it. I dont have time for the psych ward, i'm a college student with classes to go to and assignments to do.

How do i keep myself out of the psych ward if i'm spiraling downwards and all i want is to die sometimes? Im already on medication and seeing a therapist. Medication management appointment isnt for a month and a half, by then i'll probably be alright because i'm bipolar and my moods change every few weeks. I just dunno if i'll survive this mood switch.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu call your pdoc tell him you need to be in sooner to see him put you on the cancellation list if need be. Just tell your parents with stress of college you are becoming unstable did not want to harm be honest you just wanted to shut down for awhile see if you can get earlier appt okay hugs

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Green T, also think you need to tell your medication person that just maybe, the current regimine is not making it for you.. lord i understand wanting to turn the world off for a bit.. just be really careful with this..

know this really tough now.. also know just how bad you want to avoid the booby hatch ward.. hope the meds slow your pace some as needed but please be careful with the darn things.. tc, Jim

4. sollepus

sollepus Active Member

I agree with everyone else. I've had mental emergencies and if you call or go up to the office (that's what I did, it's harder to turn away someone on your doorstep), they will probably be able to work you in pretty quickly.

If you're not on a mood stabilizer in conjunction with antidepressants, maybe mention that. I know there are a lot out there, and my brother has benefitted tremendously from them (they had to try a few different ones, but it helped and he's bipolar, too).

Best of luck and just keep pushing forward!

5. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

Lol i'm on 3 mood stabilizers already i've missed a few doses though. I keep forgetting/ not caring enough to take my meds. I took it today though and last night. I still dont see the point of me living.

6. sollepus

sollepus Active Member

There is always a point. You may not realize it at the time, but just keep holding on.

Talk to people. Post here. Visit the chat.

Family, friends, pets, the people on this site. We all need you here. Keep on!

Also, have you considered outpatient treatment? Many programs are offered at hours for working/school going ppl.

Maybe support groups? It's amazing how much better you'll feel when you talk. Also, it has taken me a long time to learn this, but you are in control of your life, not your parents. I'm 25 and I am just now figuring this out. If I can help even one person, I will be happy. Read my intro post to learn how bonkers my family is, lol. Take care and as I've told others, feel free to pm me if you want to talk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.