Trying to make friends with people I don't like

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Mordeci, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So when the school year started I tried making new friends with my classmates, quickly I kind of latched on to a group and for a short while everything was ok. But then their behavior became completly unaccaptable, and I came to realize that not only was this not a good fit for me, but I really don't like them at all. Their arrogant, their drunks, sex obessed and inappropriate. One guy actually licked a woman at a bar, I know very little about attempted mating, but licking strange women is a taboo. I get mixed signals ranging from I am in the group to why the fuck are you talking to me, but overall I just don't like them. But I am stuck do I try and make it work with a group of people who I am not sure like me but who I defintly don't like or do I cut my losses and end up being alone again without any hope of making friends?

2. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

These folks sound like freaks ,I would say no on the friendship but seek friends elsewhere, theres gotta be a couple folks that are amongst you interests.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I would recommend you don't waste time trying to be friends with people you don;t like..
    Lifes too short ...better off alone than with stupid people
    licking someone in a bar is gross..

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agree with IV!

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

There's no point making or being friends with people you don't like. I've been in similar situations countless times and it's a complete waste of time like IV said; being alone can be much better.

6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Still though the only other option is being alone and I am not sure if I can handle being alone for another year.

7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Is there any groups you can join to meet different people?

8. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Not really the school groups don't meet that often its all over the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.