Trying to move on and help others

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by blackorchidx33, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I am a big with big brothers big sisters, My kid was molested just like i was at her age. Her grandma found out about me from my past and wanted to know details trying to figure out what to do about her. But when i left her house I had a nervous break down and started crying and sobing to the point that i had to pull over. How do I help her move on, without pushing my self back in to the beginning stages of the depression again? Her brother was the on that hurt her. So that also something new. It wasnt my brother but a friend from daycare. I want to help her but my new boyfriend says that I need to just report that, But we all know how well cops help us out. I Dont want to make things worse for her because they never get better when the cops get involved. You know what I mean? He is trying to help because talking about this sent me into a weird gittery mode and I know it prolly looked scary to an outsider but i understood it was just because of the flashbacks that i was reliving and it would go away. He wants me to just move on, so how do I do that? He says to just let it go and hes right i want too. But how? I think i was starting too, because I am having trouble remembering everything. I always block it out.

Should i try to remember? Do I need to re live this to get over it? Sometimes i think not knowing is worse because it could of been nothing....well we know it wasnt but you know what i mean? How do I help myself to help her? I have to stay strong for her because I had no one when I fought this. I dont want her to feel the same way because this event started a chain reaction for me and it ruined everything. I am a 22 year old freshmen because I am trying to fix the mistakes that i made that I tried to fix when other mistakes. I think everything is falling into place. Does it help to know what happened? Will that make this transfer a little more smooth. or do i have the wrong idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.