Trying to post again...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tired and alone, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tired and alone

Tired and alone Well-Known Member

I tried to use this site earlier in the month then just gave up but I am trying again. I am at my lowest. I am an LPN (licenced practaical nurse) and while I was on vacation, using my PTO and spending money I was laid off. I felt that they were replacing LPNs with RNs but it still shocked me. I am all alone with only a niece 100 + miles away. I live in a very rural area and jobs are scarce. I am afraid of losing my home and acreage and worry about my animals. I am tired of worrying and of being alone. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and hurt all the time. I am really feeling at the end of things.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have heard (from various sources) that LPN's are in demand in the major cities. If you can still work (despite your condition) maybe you should move closer to a major city (I know you would prefer not to based on the other info in your post). If you can't work any longer, perhaps you can apply for disability. I know this isn't of much help and I also know someone close to me with fibromyalgia and know how debilitating it can be. But I just wanted you to know that you have been heard and that you can private message me if you want to.

3. Tired and alone

Tired and alone Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mike. It would mean losing my home and animals if I moved back to the city. I have been here for over 12 years. Thank you for taking the time to send me the message. It means alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.