Trying to Quit Smoking

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Godsdrummer, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Ok so I have found my latest way to quit smoking and I think this one is going to work.

I am going the e-cigarette route.

I bought a disposable sample one, and it's cool. It takes care of every part of the addiction, the nicotine, the feeling of smoke entering in, the puffing part, all of it. Except..there is no smoke, just water vapors, and nicotine. And you can wean yourself down off the nicotine. I have learned that some people continue to use the e-cigarette with no nicotine, just because they like the feel of it, and the flavors you can get.

I know it sounds like an ad or something, but I am really jazzed about these.

Just think, smoking without the carcinogens. It's actually way healthier.
    :hamster:

2. kobie76

kobie76 Well-Known Member

I gave up smoking 12 days ago. I'd smoked for 20yrs (roll-ups with no filters about 20-30 a day) & had never even attempted to give up before, I figured I had bigger problems to deal with first (drugs). Anyway I didn't bother with any N.R.T, and so far its been really good, not easy but by no means hard either. All did was buy regular chewing gum.

I did consider the e-cigarette as my mates dad had one he no longer needed, but I thought it would just remind me of them and fuck my head up so I didn't bother.

I really glad ive stopped now & im starting to feel the benefits (health & money).

Sounds like you've tried giving up before, so you know what to expect & everyone is different so hopefully this works for you.

Good luck, it'd be good to hear how you get on.

3. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

Good luck with the E-cigarette. I quit smoking about 5 months ago now and I smoked about 15 a day for 8 years previously.

I found that the second week was the hardest. If you can make it past that mile stone you will find it only gets easier.

One other thing I did for extra incentive was look about for something I wanted and then saved up week by week eough money from not smoking to buy it.

After 9 weeks I saved enough money to buy my quite expensive watch.

4. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Good for you!

I read somewhere that the three milestones for stopping smoking are Hell Week " the first week you quit " Heck week " is the second and there is " Zombie month ". Made it as far as Heck Week.

I posted it somewhere else, but there is a good online community if you wanna check:

http://www.smokershelpline.ca/

5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I can go for 8 hours and not even think about smoking.

Then I wake up.

Yes, it is hard to stop - because cigarettes are not just tobacco. There is added 'value' in there - all manner of junk to make them addictive.

The cost now in the UK is about £5.20p for my brand.

Maybe in the end the cost will hit £1 per cigarette. I guess when its costing more than a smoke of heroin its time to quit.

It would be easy to raise the cost like this but the tobacco syndicates are maybe more powerful than your government.

6. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

I quit on January 1st, and have had a terrible cough and throat since

Each morning i cough up crap, its scary to think thats what was sitting on my lungs

I used an e-cig before and it did help, however its still smoking, whether its harmful to you or not it doesn't break the habit of taking a drag from a cig

I quit with the help of my nhs quit smoking kit, some pretty good advice in there and i can honestly say now even after just 5 weeks i will never, ever smoke again

Good luck x x

7. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Good Luck, Bill! I hope it works out for you! I smoked a couple years ago (yes, even being young) and it was really hard! I hope it's succussful! We'll be your cheerleaders! :bleh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.