Trying to regenerate a spark for life - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sunset, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset

Sunset Member

Hi all,

Without boring you with the details, I'm 38 and have recently simply lost all enthusiasm and interest in life. I've been struggling to find a reason to live. My life really has no meaning and no value right now. And I came to the conclusion that I really am a LOSER. No kidding. If you looked at my life objectively that'd be the only reasonable conclusion.

As with several posts I've read here, my external life is pretty normal - I have a normal job and stuff. But I'm tired of the struggle, always struggling, highs and lows, endless hope and disappointment.

I'd love to cut the cord to life, but I can't because it would hurt my parents too much. When I think of what I could do this weekend that I would enjoy, I surprisingly come up with a blank. There's actually nothing that I want to do! Wow, even my hobbies no longer hold any interest for me.

So I'm stuck with living and I'm afraid it'll drive me crazy. What can I do to generate some enthusiasm for life again? I feel like a flat-liner patient who needs the 'paddles' to shock me back into life.

I've always been a chicken when it comes to taking risks. No sky-diving, rock-climbing, skiing etc. I always think of the worst outcome, but maybe this is the time to take a risk - a death risk like skydiving. Maybe it'll be such a buzz I'll want to live again.

Apart from that I figure that anything that involves physical balance and coordination might help, as long as it's not something that's 'failable'. Something that forces the mind to shift focus away from life in general and gives the body a buzz. I like hiking, but it's not exactly exciting.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  2. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

The good thing about coming to this point is you have nothing to loose. I think you should go sky-diving, rock climbing and anything else that takes your fancy. You need spice in your life, no matter what age your are...19 or 90. Need to find a reason to get up in the morning, need that adrenalin rush, endorphin release.

I think its time for a bit of self discovery ;)

3. AlwaysRain

AlwaysRain Active Member

very good idea, do it!
    take a risk! if you survive, fine, take another one or two. If not, isn't it what you want? You have nothing to loose.
    Skydiving changes people's lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.