Trying to stop - Finding it hard

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Tears_of_blood, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tears_of_blood

Tears_of_blood Well-Known Member

I have been self harming on and off for a few years now i have a counsellor who i see once a week and i talk to her because i want to be helped but it doesnt seem to be working as well as i thought as recently i have been cutting again my mates know about this the two girls i hang around with also harm occasionaly so i can tell them though all the guys i cant really tell because they dont see how good it feels for me and how it helps me i mean i have told two of them but that is because they have either seen the marks or because im really down i feel really bad i wish i didnt do this because i see how my friends dont like it what makes it even worse is that i breakdown alot anywhere at anytime all my mates, my boyfriend an me where at one of our friends i needed to cry so i went away from everyone in the dark corner me and my mates always go to when upset i ended up breaking down and my boyfriend came to see me long story short he noticed my latest cut and asked me what happened i couldnt look at him or say it i finally gave him a look that said it all and he jst hugged me so tight he sounded like he was going to cry and he said he was i felt such a bitch i still do thinking back to it i love him so much and i really wish i could stop this so i wouldnt hurt the people i love but i cant help it i find that it helps me and i cant stop my best friend of nine years is trying to get me to throw my blades away but i dont think i can cope with out them i dont know what to do has anyone got any advice i need some help plz anyone???

2. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I use to cut then stoped. You have to deal with the thing thats causeing you to cut or at least I did. So can you tell me what triggers the cutting?

3. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i cut for years and stopped. then started again. just recently. i know how you feel, it is a release, but it isn't good. i hope we can both stop. you ca pm or msn me any time. if you want to talk or just yell ok

4. Tears_of_blood

Tears_of_blood Well-Known Member

I dont know what causes me to cut its a way of punishment i suppose i dont like the person i am and i hate the way i look though my friends say im skinny and pretty which i cant see tnx for offering to be there for me

5. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I think I can help you because I had the same problem and know how to over come it. I pmed you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.