Trying to stop myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lancashirelass, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

After yesterdays incident i am noww finding it very hard to stop my self fom shing as this is how i have always coped with the shit thrown at me. I know everyone told me to go police but yesterday i just felt numb but today after another bad day it seems to have it hit me and i don't want to go through all the pain again. I don't know how long i can hold out. I know ppl will say ring the professionals but it won't stop the hurt and feeling dirty again.
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Do you plan on reporting it to the police?
  3. lancashirelass

I am seriously considering it now it has hit me hard.
  4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Okay. Do you think it will make you feel better than you do now if you get done reporting it?
  5. lancashirelass

I doubt it cos then it's all waiting and video evidence and shit like that.
  6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I don't know about how long you can wait before reporting it, which you asked earlier; what have you found out regarding the time frame of reporting available? I have no experience with reporting stuff to police, but again I hope they have records.. and perhaps there was or will be another similar report about this driver in the past or future... to sort of back up yours with hers/his or vice versa.
  7. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

You are doing the right thing talking on here.
    It's been an awful few days for you, firstly try accept that. Its normal to feel dirty after such a thing has happened but you know its a lie, you were the victim of a crime, and you are trying to deal with it the best you can.
  8. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

Just remember if you go to the police you will have to live it with it for awhile and it will not go away immediately. You'll have to relive whatever happened, and show up to court. My ex girlfriend was stalked by her ex boyfriend (not me), and she reported it to the police. She felt really guilty for awhile, but she realized she couldn't and shouldn't feel guilty about her actions anymore. The only thing that kills her is that she didn't think the punishment the judge gave her ex was fit for the crime. He was sentenced to 14 days in jail, while she believed he should have been sent to counseling or something else because she believes jail won't solve anything.

The police, and court system are extremely screwed up. They only no one way to punish people: handcuff them and lock them in a cell, or force them to medicate. They should be the last people you ever turn to solve your problems. They often make things a whole lot worse for the victim.

I don't know the circumstances of your situation, but just think very hard before you involve the police, they will not go away until someone pays. However, if this is a serious crime, a felony, a rape, a beating etc... then call the police ASAP. It's one thing for your boyfriend to sneak into your house, it's another thing for your boyfriend to sneak into your house and rape and beat you...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  9. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see how low you are today but for fear of nagging you,I really feel that you need to report it. Yes there's gonna be crap to deal with but if you don't report it you won't ever get closure on it.This is a little unfair of me but how would you feel if there was a spate of rapes in the future and when he was apprehended it turned out to be the same guy. Sorry for that but I just want you to do the right thing firstly for you and then maybe for others
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.