Trying to stop...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ronnoc3, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

Self harming makes me feel so good, the feeling when ur arm is coated in blood is better than sex i swear...
    My friends recently found out about my self harming and they really want me to stop.
    When i think about it, if i knew one of my friends was self harming how much it would hurt, if my friends even felt half that when they found out then i am a crap friend.
    I'm trying so hard to stop... But i'm finding it hard when the reason for stopping is for other people and not because i want to...
    I been trying my hardest to avoid sharp objects incase i get tempted but the urges are getting stronger and stronger...
    The worst thing about this is my life isn't that bad. Its more an addiction to cutting than anything.
  2. Bograt

Bograt Active Member

How does cutting make you feel better? I've tried cutting, but it id not do much for me other than hurt, I felt no release or anything. I hit myself though, and other things, I think it is more of a physical release of whatever emotional pain I might be feeling, is it this way with you? or does it actually feel good after you do it? If there is physical pleasure, it might be endophins (sp) put out my your brain to help kill the pain you feel, similar to "runners high". I'm not a doctor or anything (though I will be in about...oh.... 10 years or so) but if if its just the act of cutting you like, then try to find something or some activity to replace it.
  3. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

I guess i just like to bleed, it makes me feel good and i don't know it sorta reminds me that i'm only human... Thing is my friends... Aren't the sorta people who are used to dealing with this sorta thing... And it helps to be around them and stuff but i have no1 to really talk to about the self harming itself because it would really freak them out...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.