Trying to understand girls is like putting a puzzle together with the wrong pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraSoap

It just doesnt work. I had a text-message conversation with this girl I know, and somehow the subject came to how the opposite sex is an absolute enigma. She proceeded to tell me that girls are not that confusing, you just need to figure out which ones play mind games with you. I asked her how to do that, and she said "well its hard to tell um I mean i play games with some boys and not others like i dont play games with you ever but i did with this guy i used to talk to its very hard to tell." Well if its so damn hard to figure out how the hell am I supposed to do it?! I cant even talk to girls without freezing up and now I have read their damn minds?! Why dont I just kill myself now and save myself all the wasted effort? So I proceeded why in gods name people (because guys do it too) play those games, she said "because that way girls dont look desperate or like they're trying too hard or too eager." Why does this have to be so goddamn hard? I fucking hate this, why cant I just find someone I can relate to and legitimately cares about me? Like, I watched an anime recently called Toradora! and it was a) fucking amazing and b) really fucking depressing because the bond that the two main characters shared was so heartwarming and it just felt right, and it really saddened me when I realized that I dont have that kind of bond with anybody. I'm alone in this world with no one who really cares deeply about me in the way that I care about them. I want that kind of relationship with somebody and just be happy instead of this pitiful existence I eek out day after day. The only relief I have is marijuana, and I'm keeping the smoking in check but it's just so damn pitiful that the only happiness i can really get is the happiness brought on by a plant. I am a human being, the most advanced and complex living thing known, and I cant even feel happy without smoking something. Life shouldnt be like this.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Re: Trying to understand girls is like putting a puzzle together with the wrong piece

I wish people didn't play mind games - women and men!

I don't know how one learns to tell the game players from the straightforward ones except by getting to the person...before you give her/him your heart. And at the first sign of a game, stop and ask what is going on. If someone continues to mess with my head, I've learned to walk away sooner rather than later.

ExtraSoap, keep trying. Eventually we do meet people who TRULY care about us so that we can truly care about them. :hug:

ExtraSoap

Re: Trying to understand girls is like putting a puzzle together with the wrong piece

I know, but it's just frustrating that I have to not only get the balls to initiate a conversation and maintain one, (which is nearly impossible for me if their a member of the opposite sex) but if everything does work out (which it wont) I have to worry about someone using me or something. I just want to understand someone and be understood.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter

I think it's stupid when people play mind games. If I like someone, I'm honest about it--if not, I don't beat around the bush. I've had to deal with people like that a lot so I can figure out what they're up to pretty quickly. You will find the right girl for you, just don't give up hope.

Prox

Happiness is happiness.

Hey, you've got MLP, though, right?

ExtraSoap

Happiness is happiness.

Hey, you've got MLP, though, right?
Yeah, but that's like 20 minutes out of an entire week. I love that show and it's fandom, but it can only do so much :/

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter

Well, I think the only way to truly know if the person is playing games with you is to get to know them, like Acy said. As you grow older and have more relationships, I think you'll learn to better scope out the types of people you don't want. Unless, you get lucky and somehow find the right relationship at a young age. That happens too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00