trying to understand

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by lingyai, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lingyai

lingyai New Member

i tried to take my life on the 11/10 just over a week ago,cut my wrist after a argument with my girlfriend,pretty serious,severed some tendons and cut a artery,walked out of hospital before surgery to see her...she shouted at me that she did not love me and to get out,i had lost two pints of blood and nearly past out when i heard this,spent 3 nights in hospital after plastic surgery and trying to come to terms with someone i thought loved me does not care at all,no contact nothing......
  2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

What a rough time you are going through at the moment! I'm sorry you are struggling to cope with the break-up, it can become a shock to your system when you think someone loves but then find out quite the opposite. Hang in there...
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That sounds awful :sad:

Maybe you should receive some counseling to help you come to terms with this :hug:
  4. lingyai

lingyai New Member

hi again,trying to get the vision out of my head of my girlfriend telling she does not love me,when she knew what i had done,how can i still want to be with her?
  5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I'm kinda there right now. The woman I love told me to get lost. It's a little different in that she didn't tell me she didn't love me or anything. Oddly enough I feel she might still have feelings for me but is angery at me none the less and wants me out of her life. Yes, it's weird to still have such strong feelings for someone that says' "get lost" but it seems to be the norm. It's hard to let go those feelings.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is almost like a death when a relationship ends. The grief is the same. It is the loss of life as you knew it. I am sorry she told you what she did when you were so far down, but it was better than lying about it and then telling you later. It may take time for you to accept that she no longer wants a relationship. Love doesn't just stop overnight. It may be in your best interest to seek counseling for your feelings. Give yourself time to grieve the relationship. :hug:
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Gentlelady has nailed it on the head. You are going thru greif right now the next step is anger. There are more steps but I can't remember them. I stopped at anger because that was all I needed to get over mine. See a therapist she can tell you what the other steps of grief are! Take care!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.