Tuesday Christmas Cafe!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

hey everyone!

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Muh... I want to go see my doctor but I've not been on a normal sleep schedule so I stayed up all night and I'm exhausted and caffeinated and just want to go to sleep but I can't and now Mikintx has me worried about the amount of carbohydrates I'm consuming since I'm paranoid about diabetes and where does a vegetarian get fat?!

Not to mention I wanted to do a blood test I should've done weeks ago... or something... due to a complicated doctor situation which involves me cheating on an EEG and this will catch up to me come February!

On the plus side, I had a rather successful meditation and felt I did a pretty good job of centering my consciousness in that place I don't remember the name of.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

As for me, I feel like my faith has been tested lately. What with the accident my wife had. And now this week, ugh!

We had snow overnight that made be 18 mins late for work today. No big deal, I can make that up after work. But after work, I have to hurry my little keister back home to go to my part time job, get my paycheck get to the bank before 6pm, deposit the check and then go to walmart to finish my Christmas shopping.

Tomorrow afternoon and overnight we will have a potential ice storm. I have chruch band practice for Christmas Eve service AND for the service on 12/27. And then on Christmas Eve we are going to be getting rain all fricking day long, and hopefully then I can make it to Christmas Eve service as my attendence is required as I am a member of the band.

I grow tired just thinking about it. But if this ice storm develops, I could miss work on Thursday meaning I could loose my job let alone making it to service. So yeah, my faith is a little torn today.

4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Aoeu I in no way meant for you to get paranoid about your carbohydrate intake, I was just trying make it known to others that eating that way may not be the healthiest thing out there. The body is incredibly good at adapting to anything you throw at it. There is no need to get paranoid about it, sorry if it came across that way, I was just trying to make some suggestions.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey Mike, Hey Aoeu!!!

6. Mikeintx

Hello!!!!!

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No, no, I'm just generally paranoid about diabetes. I knew I was supposed to avoid sugary foods, I just thought that things like popcorn didn't count towards that.

And the caffeine is doing me no favours on the paranoia front.

8. Mikeintx

Oh that is very understandable, does diabetes run in your family?

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No, but I spent some time in a prosthetics facility... Learning to walk again because you didn't exercise 40 years ago? Not a pleasant fate. I'll pass on being the receiving end.

Edit: Give it a couple decades, I'm sure we'll get a fair number of cases. So will most families in North America. There's no downside to good eating and exercise.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.