Twitch. Twitch twitch twitch twitch twitch twitch.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Clockwork Reality, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Most specifically, in my right eye. For the past three years.

I'll just be standing around, and my eye starts twitching on its own. It's noticable and I'm self-conscious about it.

How do I get it to stop? Any suggestions? And what the hell causes it? I'm really quite clueless about why it's doing it.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sounds like your eye has a life of its own. If it makes you feel any better, sometimes areas on my arms and legs look like their pulsating on their own. No idea what causes it.
  3. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Twitching is often caused by the muscles in that area being tired. I often get a twitch in my eye when I've been awake for too long. Maybe it's that? Take care
  4. Clockwork Reality

I don't know if that's it. My family tells me that I even do it while I'm sleeping. :sad:
  5. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I get in my left eye sometimes. I think it's just a lack of sleep, and maybe spending too long in front a PC, well, it is for me anyway.

Have you seen a Doctor about it?
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I agree that it is caused by a lack of sleep. I've already had a couple of bouts with my left eye twitching (always my left eye) this morning.

I believe it is caused by stress too. Some big guy apparently wasn't satisfied with the way I drove past him in a parking lot so he hauled off and punched my car. I got out of my car to confront the gorilla who could have hammered me into a grease spot. The only thing that stopped him from giving me dental work was my left eye began comically twitching. He started laughing and said "run along now twitchy" !

My eye betraying me was the better part of valor- at least I'm not typing this from a wheelchair :rip:...
  7. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i've heard twitches can be caused by a muscle spasming. and that muscle spasms can be caused by a potassium deficiency. maybe try eating a banana every day for a week and see if it improves at all.

kinda a long shot, but never hurts. besides fruit is good for you.
  8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I twitch randomly in different places of my body often. It's anxiety-related.
  9. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

This is a long shot, but you might want to check whether you have a mild form on terets, although uncommon in these circumstances, it has happend before.

Peace :)
  10. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

I usually get this when i'm tired or stressed...

I suggest go to your doctor if it's bothering you this much
  11. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

my dad has that because he works 24/7 its mostly do to tiredness and well basically he has a trapped nerve. they cant oporate cause its near the brain area so he gets free botox injections every month.. stops it twitching. idk lol. best go get it checked out by the doctor.
  12. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

My highschool friend had that. She went to the docs and they gave her some kind of eyedrops. By the end of highschool the twitching had gone completely.
  13. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

Also watch out for flashing lights. I used to play video games a lot and my left eye started twitching occasionally, it was freaky so I stopped playing video games and the twitches stopped in two weeks. Maybe you should stop looking at screens too much so they don't trigger an illness.
  14. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I've been sleeping very poorly lately, about five hours last night (need eight) and my left eye-always my left eye is twitching again :mad:.
  15. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I had the twitch intermittently for the last 15 months. When it first came it drove me crazy. I tried taking a week off. I even strayed from the comp/reading/tv (!). I spent a whole goddamn week listening to 'To Kill a Mockingbird' in audiobooks. No good.
    All that garbage didn't lower stress, because I always felt bad about missing work. It must be anxiety related. The twitch goes away with time, but at first it can be extremely intimidating.
    Oh and it does come back.
  16. Clockwork Reality

Well, I'll be darned.

I was taking a rather potent cocktail of medications a few years ago and then I ditched them. I went off the meds, quit going to the doctor, etc. I'm miserable and unhappy but I hate the doctor more.

I was pretty much out of my head at the time, so I really didn't bother to find out too much about the pills I was on. I just took them. Out of curiosity, I did some research this weekend. One of the meds I was on is called Risperdal, which is usually used to treat schitzophrenia. The fact that the docs may have thought I was/am schitzophrenic has me plenty upset right now, but that's besides the point.

One of the potential side-effects, as it turns out, is facial twitching, which may be uncurable. I have to wonder if the two are linked.

In a word: fuck. I've had better weekends. :mad:
  17. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

yes my left eye does it alot its annoying and my foot will do it too
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.