1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitches are driving me INSANE!!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Woodsmoke, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

Bad images (whether imagined or from memory- stupid stuff, sometimes, other times, DISGUSTING) that really disturb me go round and round my head and I end up twitching- tonight my neck keeps twitching to the side, other times it's full body.

I repeat words when I type. I go over them again and again because it 'didn't feel right.'

I can't mix my work/money/health documents with my writing notebooks etc because I think it will 'contaminate' my work with... mundaneness of reality, I suppose. I really, REALLY FEAR this.

Little repeated habits such as rubbing fingers in a certain way.... tapping things a certain number of times.... have to have my ornaments/crockery etc exactly 'lined up.'

You know what I'm getting at. There's more but I can't think of it right now...

Is this OCD? It's been going on in small degrees since I was 16. My doctor didn't even care that I tried to kill myself, so I never bothered to inform him of these things. Now, it's on the increase and I have to do something. I am just so afraid of sounding like a hypochondriac to my doctor...

I LIVE IN FEAR OF EVERY DAMN THING I OR EVERYONE ELSE SAYS!!!

2. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

That indeed does sound like OCD. You should talk to a therapist about managing your symptoms. If he doesn't care, try to find one that does. Tc.

3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I can relate to some of the things you mention here such as the tapping things certain number of times, etc., I know it can get frustrating and have quite a heavy impact on your life.

Like angeliris said, try talking about it to somebody like a therapist or your doctor, and if they won't listen, try a different one. It sounds as though you really need help with this so you should fight to find someone who will be able to offer that.

4. herenow

herenow Well-Known Member

The twitching may be from your meds, better tell your doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.