Two days..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Danger Mouse, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse New Member

It has been two days sense my last Self Injury, this after doing it for two days in a row.

This after months of not doing it, I let myself slip into that cycle, feel bad so I hurt myself, hate that I hurt myself so I want to hurt myeslf more, just goes on and on...

I suck, I knew it was stupid when I did it but that didn't stop me..

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I don't think you suck. I think, as you say, that you slipped into a cycle.

You've described something that many people go through, however, as you know, self harm doesn't solve anything. You felt bad so you hurt yourself, so you hated that, and hurt yourself again, and the cycle starts. Hurting yourself because you hated what you did hasn't actually solved anything though, so maybe a better thing to do might be to take the necessary steps to do something productive so that you don't do the thing you hate.

So, if you feel bad an hurt yourself, instead of hurting yourself more, maybe look for positive ways to cope with that, so like looking into professional help, or if you have someone, call them, things like that.

If you don't want to do it in the first place, then when you recognise you feel bad, try to do somethig productive about that feeling, i.e. working out why you feel bad and doing something positive to change that, or seeking help for the urges to self harm.

Do you want to talk about what made you feel bad originally?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

everyone slips up something triggers you then it happens sending you someone to help you stay strong next time okay guardian angel to keep you safe:plat: You used coping skills before to stop so you know you have the strength to stop again stay safe okay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.