Two Ducks and an egg walk into a bar...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by }{Feather Pen}{, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My boyfriend noticed my scars on my arm. Now he's saying if I don't quit cutting he'll tell my mother. My mother already knows and now he's saying he'll tell my grandparents. I asked him not to bring them into it. He just thinks it's so easy to quit doing it. What on Earth do I tell him? How do I get him to leave me alone?

2. please change your picture, i just found that extremely extremely triggering..

putting that aside, your boyfriend doesnt have any right to make you tell anyone. your mother knows, thats enough. try explaining to him why ( if you want to) and maybe he'll understand a bit better.

3. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Please change the avatar that is extremely triggering.

I'll talk to you afterwards :hug:. Back in ten.

4. Sorry.

Anywho, he's not wanting ME to tell someone, he said HE was going to tell someone if I didn't quit.. All my mother said when she found out was, "Well, remember, it's down the road not across the street."

5. thats really awful of her to say.. tell your boyfriend its not his place to say anything- hopefully he'll respect that.. have you thought about seeing your gp and getting counselling/some form of support? x

6. ~Nobody~

Please don't listen to your mother :mellow:.

How old are you? Can you persuade your boyfriend to read a book or a website on the subject so he knows it's not as simple as he's making out?

He doesn't sound like he's being too supportive. But it's probably because he doesn't understand.

Keep talking, :hug:

7. Well, my mother is manically depressed, too. She's tried killing herself and she stays with an abusive boyfriend. My parents decided to divorce the day of my thirteenth birthday and that's when I started going into a depression and just recently the doctor put me on Zoloft. That's when it kind of hit my boyfriend that I'm depressed. But now he threatened yesterday that if I didn't quit cutting then he would start doing it. :sad:

8. ~Nobody~

How old are you, how old is he, and how long have you been together?

He has no right to blackmail you like that. Is he usually this unreasonable and unsupportive?

I'm sorry about your homelife. I can really empathise with a lot of it as I've been there. :hug: I'm here today if you want to talk x

9. We're both seventeen but I'll be eighteen in June and he just turned seventeen this past week. I knew better than to date younger guys... :dry:

10. ~Nobody~

I'm 18 with a not-quite-18-year-old boyfriend too :tongue:.

11. We've been together for seven and a half months. But we've been friends for almost three years.

And thanks. Family life is tough. :sad:

12. ~Nobody~

Does your boyfriend have problems of his own that perhaps make this particularly difficult for him?

Family life is tough indeed. For peeps like us, anyways. At least we can choose our friends :smile:.

13. Nah, I don't think he has any problems. Other than his dad, but everyone knows not to take his dad seriously (he's so mean we call him Hitler).

14. ~Nobody~

Then maybe he's just misinformed about self harm (it worries me that he'd threaten to do it himself though).

If you showed him a website or something do you think that might help?

How long have you been self harming? Do you want to stop?

15. He was just saying he would do it to himself to get me to stop. I doubt he'd do it. But still in all, I had to lie and tell him I promised to never do it again. Honestly, I don't want to quit but I know I need to. It's like smoking. You don't really want to quit but you know you need to for health reasons. I've been cutting since I was thirteen.

16. ~Nobody~

Do you feel like the Zoloft is helping you?

17. I've been sleeping better..

18. ~Nobody~

That's something then :smile:.

General mood improvement at all? How long have you been taking it?

19. Hmm... Well, I noticed if I skip taking it a couple days I start to snap at people. The doc put me on it when I got my kidney infection which was.... about three and a half weeks or so ago.

20. ~Nobody~

Try not to skip doses, it makes it less effective and you can have withdrawal symptoms (including irritability).

What dose are you taking?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get to know your situation better. x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.