Two mid 20's UK Citizens denied entry into the U.S because of tweets....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Pasta08, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Absolute garbage,their tweets sound very immature but to refuse people entry for petty crap like that really?If that's how America has turned since 9/11 i'm not sure i'd risk going there again,puts me in mind of how the russians behaved under communist rule... PARANOID me thinks.Thats a real shame if this story is for real,i feel sorry for my American friends too,of which i have many.:(
  3. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

I rather them be overprotective and paranoid about security then having someone come and blow something up.
  4. In a Lonely Place

Yeah and your genius intelligence services will be busying themselves doing shit like that while the next terror attacks begin on your country i expect!!
  5. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

This has nothing to do with the NSA or CIA lol TSA stopped this two along with border patrol. You really don't know anything about how things work? Did you read the article?
  6. See this is why I kind of liked my time in Iraq better.... PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY TRYING TO KILL ME ON A DAILY BASIS. People here in the states are so protected it isn't even funny.
  7. In a Lonely Place

It's kinda hard to take the finer details of a ridiculous story like this in to be honest lol
  8. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

9. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

10. In a Lonely Place

Yup Amedicans who behave in this paranoid way are wankers of the highest order. Lol
  11. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Mod edit jimk
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  12. In a Lonely Place

mod edit jimk
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  13. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

Wow, if you guys start WWIII we're not joining either side. We've already got all 20 of our troops in Afghanistan.:canucks:
  14. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Actually Canada has no forces in Afghanistan for combat right now. (We have a small force of ~1000 for training the Afghan military and police though. They don't do patrols or otherwise get in firefights that aren't brought to them.)
  15. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Really. Doesn't the US government have anything better to do?? I mean, seriously.
  16. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

like worrying about our $14 trillion dollar debt and the economy? nah, lets fuck with some brits 'cause they made some sarcastic tweets.
  17. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

Pasco, is this how you live your life? I am guessing you sit in your house all day, with your national flag draped around the place, with your 20 or so firearms, y'know you got to exercise your 'Second Amendment' rights and all that with a copy of CoD: Modern Warfare 3, The Turner Diaries and an (unopened) U.S. Marine Corps information package nearby worried that a few "Muslamic" darkies in Iraniraqistan or one of those places are going to suddenly storm the US any second and bomb you all to hell? You might think I'm joking, but some people really are this frigging paranoid.

Their references were made to partying ("destroy" = party), that's all really. A bit of common sense would've went a long way here.
    I am glad the US security services are competent enough to stop threats and it is better to overreact than underreact and have a bloody situation on your hands, but seriously.

Tbf though "we" can't talk. We've denied a few Americans entry to the UK on political grounds, such as the legendary nutters in the Phelps family (Westboro Baptist Church), but that's because if we did let them in, they'd be liable for committing public order offences since we don't think freedom of speech covers going to peoples funerals and slagging them and their family off with homophobic and religious vitriol.
  18. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

god.. now I miss not having the internet. Society doesen't understand humanity. This is out of order. Fine, I can keep a straight face as they monitor twitter and other online conversations, and I can keep a straight face when they use that information to verify peoples reasons for coming in. But to offically deny them? The people who sealed that decision should be re-evaluated as they can't seem to judge and distinguish between general fun social conversation and real conversations that have dangerous end objectives. Waste of time.. fucking stupid on alot of levels actually. Bah, mental puke shit.. Someday people will fucking push back if they ever do this crap on a mass scale. Society needs to re-affirm that it's their to protect PEOPLE and their freedoms to be who they are and what they want to be. ANd yeah.. saying Im gonna destroy or rip up a country is a figure of speech. Pole.. Ass.. Narrow minded fools in charge. Bet they're so lost in their security worlds they've forgotten how to distinguish a positive reality from a negative reality in other people. Sigh..
  19. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm more concerned as to how whatever agency became aware of the tweets of a random British tourist, thats got to be much more of a concern.
  20. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yes indeed...that's the scary bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.