Two questions

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by History, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. History

History Well-Known Member

A) My depression is so severe that I have no interests in doing anything from the moment I wake up and it's killing me. Because I don't have any interest in anything anymore, life is just sleep, wake up for 1 -2 hours, lie down in bed, day in day out. Spoke to my Doc and he just says " It's depression". It has almost been 3 months like this and I dont see any way out. If you were in my position, what would you do? Would you take your life? I dont know how long more can I go on like this.

B) Is it possible to be so severely depressed until you feel that you are out of your mind? I can still remember that I over-worried about being jobless until I fell into depression and then became extremely suicidal. Everyday I just go through the motions that I mentioned above and if there is nothing that my family ask me to do, I'd just become like a dead person who just sits down and blank. Totally no interests in anything and blanked out.

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there.sorry ur feelin low.
    A.i am in ur position n have been for a long time.im sure alot of ppl on this forum are aswel.iv tried 2 take my own life a few times but im still here.im still struggling alot but im hopeful i will get better.and hopeful u will 2.have u tried talkin 2 ur doctor about it? are u on meds?
    B.yes i think it is v possible 2 feel ur losing ur mind when depressed and its horrible.
    ur not alone :hug:

3. History

How do you go on living with 'A' i.e. totally zero interest in everything? what do you do everyday? I really can't live on like this.

4. mandyj101

hey. please hang in there x
    im in the grips of it as i write this.im currently havin time off work and i struggle 2 leave th house.my main interest atm is this forum and trying 2 be positive!i dont do a great deal everyday but i just try 2 do simple things like do the washingup .. clean something.. chat 2 someone on here.. play a game online..or watch some tv.. all small things because my brain and body cant cope with alot more atm.
    its boring sometimes.sometimes i feel guilty im not doing more.and its hard even 2 do those small things sometimes.but we have 2 try x
    is there anyone there u can tell how ur feeling right this moment ?
    if not its fine.. keep posting here.. there are lots of ppl on here that will try 2 help .. :hug:
    please stay safe.

5. History

posting about how i feel doesnt give me any relieve. I've got this really awful sourish feeling in my head that makes me really ill and it's depression related and wont go away.i dont know if others have this sourish ill feeling in my head or am i the only one. Tried telling my doc but he just says its depression.

6. mandyj101

'just depression' - annoys me when ppl say that. they hav no idea. im always fightin that sourish feeling in my head. its hard but ur not alone! iv sent u a pm. :hug:

7. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

I feel I'm out of my mind, and I'm pretty sure that I am. And yes, I blame depression because I see no other source that could have seeded my unfathomable hatred for everything.
    So, if you ask me, yes, you can be so severely depressed you feel that you are out of your mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.