Two step verification

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
@Auri I'm doing some research, I'm not promising I'll find the answer, but I'll try. Can you tell me what type of device you are logging in from? iPhone, Android, MacBook, PC ect. Thanks.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Auri I'm doing some research, I'm not promising I'll find the answer, but I'll try. Can you tell me what type of device you are logging in from? iPhone, Android, MacBook, PC ect. Thanks.
First one :) Thank you for looking into it.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Can you try to login from a different browser? It appears this is typically an issue created by an addon or an app. If it's an addon then logging in from a different browser should work. It would at least give us a starting point.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Can you try to login from a different browser? It appears this is typically an issue created by an addon or an app. If it's an addon then logging in from a different browser should work. It would at least give us a starting point.
I don’t have any other browser on my phone :(

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
If you don't mind trying, it might be the solution to the problem.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Maybe even try the private browsing option in safari.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Nick I don’t know how to go private on my phone on Safari, but I tried on Chrome that I’ve just downloaded and the problem persists there :(

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
@Nick I don’t know how to go private on my phone on Safari, but I tried on Chrome that I’ve just downloaded and the problem persists there :(
Private browsing is done by clicking the boxes on the bottom right corner
8403DBC6-80DD-4D07-AA3E-B231C0CED308.jpeg
And the clicking the private option on the left
565C5B2A-E1F4-418E-82B4-8D978A8D2C76.jpeg
I don’t know if it will help.

TIWIADIFI

•oOo•
SF Supporter
Hope I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes here but I would like to suggest a hard reboot of your iPhone @Auri
Here is a link to instructions if you need them. https://m.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone

Before you do the hard reset I would suggest you repeat the cache and cookie clearing you were asked to do before. iPhones and iPads are kind of fussy creatures and a hard reboot sometimes helps.

It sounds to me as I follow this thread that the problem can be isolated to your phone. I don’t know if you have tried to log in from a laptop or other non iOS device to confirm that. If you have not, and if you can it would help to isolate the problem to your phone or to your SF account.

Failing that, I would suggest a factory reset of your phone. Back up everything first of course.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hope I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes here but I would like to suggest a hard reboot of your iPhone @Auri
Here is a link to instructions if you need them. https://m.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone

Before you do the hard reset I would suggest you repeat the cache and cookie clearing you were asked to do before. iPhones and iPads are kind of fussy creatures and a hard reboot sometimes helps.

It sounds to me as I follow this thread that the problem can be isolated to your phone. I don’t know if you have tried to log in from a laptop or other non iOS device to confirm that. If you have not, and if you can it would help to isolate the problem to your phone or to your SF account.

Failing that, I would suggest a factory reset of your phone. Back up everything first of course.
I don’t know, it sounds weird that the problem is my phone. I don’t have access to my computer this week unfortunately. I won’t reboot my phone, but thank you for your explanation @TIWIADIFI 😊

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I don’t know, it sounds weird that the problem is my phone. I don’t have access to my computer this week unfortunately. I won’t reboot my phone, but thank you for your explanation @TIWIADIFI 😊
A reboot is simply a restart (you push a few extra buttons so it clears some lingering mess), like when you restart your PC. It may actually help. A reset is an entirely different matter, I wouldn't recommend doing a reset.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
A reboot is simply a restart (you push a few extra buttons so it clears some lingering mess), like when you restart your PC. It may actually help. A reset is an entirely different matter, I wouldn't recommend doing a reset.
Stupid question, but I won’t need my Puk number? ^^

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
It will act just like you powered down your phone and turned it back on.
I will restart it on Friday when I come back home. I sometimes mess up my pin code cause I rarely turn it off and I’d rather keep my phone until then.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I will restart it on Friday when I come back home. I sometimes mess up my pin code cause I rarely turn it off and I’d rather keep my phone until then.
Good call on that. I'll keep seeing if I can find a better solution.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello again :) I've just come back home and turned my computer on. I still had to go through the two-step verification on my computer when I logged in. So then I went to my profile and simply disabled the verification the way I had tried on my phone, and bibbidi bobbidi boo... the verification seems to have disappeared, both on my computer and my phone.
Thank you all for helping me. * hugs *

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00