Two weeks....

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Shattered_oblivion, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered_oblivion

Shattered_oblivion Active Member

I found out a while ago that my rapist raped another girl, one that was strong enough to turn it in, and only got two weeks of therapy. TWO WEEKS!! That's it. How the rapist and abusive people of this world get off on so little I don't know. Of course though after hearing about him for a while I started having my flashbacks again and going through a repeat of the consequences of that weeks long horror. What's worse is there's only a few people in my life that believe me that it actually happened. He was family and happens the be the favored child so I can see why. However, I don't see why, when my grandmother knows it bothers me, she constantly speaks about him like he's an angel. Just figured I would get that off my chest and show the outrage I have to the fact he only got TWO WEEKS of THERAPY!!
  2. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Everyone is different hunni... every mind is different, and people deal with things differently... i was abused and i am still sturggling with it... and it happened for 4 years and he was sent to prison when i was 13 and i am 18 now, so i am still dealing and struggling so everyone is different..

I am sorry your family don't believe you... that is tough when that happens... are you still in therapy now? Keep working at it.. cos you will come through this... it just takes a long time and is hard work..

If you wanna talk... I am here...

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that hun.

I totally agree, the punishments for rape are a complete joke.

What you need to do is try and forget about him and concentrate on your well being. I know the flashbacks are hard to deal with, but with some professional guidance and support you should be able to cope :hug:

The people that don't believe you probably just don't want to believe that something as horrific as rape happened to their loved one, and ignore your grandma :yes: She doesn't understand.

I'm always here for you hun xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.