ugh... annoying

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by homelessmk, Sep 7, 2009.

1. homelessmk

homelessmk Active Member

okay, so this is going to sound really stupid because it's about a guy... well, it's not just about a guy, but still... this guy and i had been dating and then we weren't sure what we were going to do about college, because we're going about six hours away. and so we decided to just wait and see nd not necessarily be dating, but just kind of still like each other or whatever.
    and so i've been gone for a little more than a week... and i just found out he asked one of my good friends out. she hasn't said yes yet... but still... it just makes me feel a bit betrayed, even though we weren't "dating" at the moment just because he didn't trust himself. i still really like him. but he told me he didn't trust himself while i was gone.. and i guess now i know why.... but it really hurts and i feel angry and betrayed... and then i feel stupid for feeling betrayed because of the labels that we put on ourselves... i guess a part of me had thought that he would wait for me.. he told me that i was worth waiting for... i guess not... maybe that's the problem.. .maybe it makes me feel like i'm really not worth waiting for....
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

NO he is a guy it is not you You are more than worth wiating for but he doesn't have the control he is immature Wants his cake and eat it too as the saying goes. NOthing wrong with you he just has not matured yet still wanting to sow his oats everywhere. Don';t feel too hurt he will grow up one day and realize he missed out on you and guess what you will have move on to better things. Take care go out and enjoy your college years without worry abt what he is up too. okay.
  3. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I dont think it has anything to do with immaturity or wanting more than you can have. To put it simply some people arent made out for a long distance relationship. Im sure he told you he would wait but most times thats just talk and unless there is a real commitment going on before the separation. Also since you tell me you weren't actually dating at the time i cant say his actions were wrong but simply he could have told you first.

Anyways.. im sure you will find someone. dont be too hard on your self. just haven't found the right one yet.

As for me its a bit of the same but different i suppose. My fiance and i went different ways after high school to pursue are dreams. In the end she dropped out to follow me as i lived mine. I travel a lot so its a constant long distance relationship. She used to say i will always wait for you and be there for your.. Now she says if you dont quit your job im gonna leave you. Its sad but well.. I suppose i haven't found the right one yet either.
  4. homelessmk

homelessmk Active Member

yeah... i mean, we were dating, we just didn't have the facebook thing. you knwo the "changing relatinoship status" so that was what i meant by not dating. but apparently the girl he asked out didn't answer him because he asked by email.... so i don't know... but i do think it's time to leave him behind. if he can't wait a week for me.. i don't know that i should wait at all for him....
  5. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

Oh well then thats different. Mm.. Well all i can say now is atleast you found out or mmm.. realized all this as early as you did. I mean i know it hurts as is.
    You maybe better off finidng someone more committed to you, just my own suggestion.
    Good luck with whichever you decide to do.