Ugh Buliemia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Lizzy17, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzy17

Lizzy17 Member

I have been struggling with eating disorders since the 8th grade, so about 4 yrs now and I just can't seem to ever quit. I can go several months surprisingly, and then one random night like Prom, I start all over again. I gave myself 8 damn cavities in a yr, and I had never had one. My throat hurts all the time, and when it gets too bad I just starve myself. I have been in such denial about it, I always said it was only because I hated my body, but I know it's deeper than that. I just started again, and I'm pretty sure it's because I quit cutting a month ago so my body, and mind need something to control! I need advice please!

2. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

brawr, stupid advice here, love yourself more, because I'm sure you're a fucking awesome gal, just love how you are.

3. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hi Lizzy :hug: welcome to SF first off :smile: there's not much we can say because we don't know your circumstances and why you do it but then that can take a while for you to figure out too. you know the damage it does to your body and you know it can eventually kill you like other eating disorders - so there is no way of shocking you out of it really. the only advice i can really give is getting professional help for this because it can do wonders and you really seem to want to get better :hug: i hope everything turns out well hun :heart:
    triggs xx

4. Grant

Grant Active Member

You need therapy. Obviously this stems from something emotional, be it a traumatic experience, abuse, loss, depression, stress, etc. You need to understand that without some sort of therapy, or strong support, you will NOT get better. Think of it like a serious drug addiction. You will not get better until you accept there is a MAJOR problem, learn to love yourself(which you should :) ), and seek help.

I hope you feel better! :)

5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Hello dear,
    Did you know that purging releases endorphins into the blood just as cutting does? So it makes sense that if you’ve stopped self harming that you'd be purging more to feed your endorphin addiction. It takes a while to over come any addiction but you can do things to help. I’d suggest distractions, as well as a lot of counseling and CBT.

Take care,
    Rose

6. kay

kay Account Closed

hey hun, i have been where you are right now and i stop, and got better.
    the best way i can say for you too start eating right is to eat little like a pack of chrisps or a chocolate bar and eat offten like every 1-2 hours.
    my mate told me to do that so i tryed it was really hard because as soon as the food hit my mouth it tasted like card but i pushed on because i was really scared that if i didnt i would die, and now i can eat better, i am not perfect with it by any means but i can now eat at least 1 really meal a day!

i hope you take my advice *hugs

from kay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.