Ugh. Got up the courage to post pics on a rating site. 4.8? Am I that hideous?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lost., Feb 12, 2011.

1. Lost.

Lost. Well-Known Member

Seems like whenever I start to get back my confidence and rise above my insecurities, I get knocked back down every time.

Here are the pics I posted. Female perspective much appreciated.

<Edit Moderator posting pictures of self>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Really good looking bloke... lovely eyes. I'd rate you in the 8's. (Oh I am female, if slightly ancient lol)

3. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Hey first off beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    There's someone out there for everyone. What one person thinks is hot
    Someone else thinks is ugly. I don't like guys who "most" woman swoon
    Over according to the tv and magazines. But there you have it.
    Your idea of handsome, beautiful, or hot shouldn't come from what others thinks.
    Neither should your Self Esteem. So if someone says your ugly. That's their opinion.
    But you'd be handsome to someone out there.

4. Lost.

Lost. Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That all sounds lovely

But looks do matter, unfortunately. People tend to unconsciously gravitate towards people who are more attractive. Tall, attractive people have an edge in the business sector.

It's just how we're wired. I know, it's a subjective thing. But the average human-being would find Brad Pitt attractive. Being ugly affects your social interactions.

Appreciate it, Ignored. ;)

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

This thread is USELESS without pics. You know that's not allowed.

6. Lost.

Lost. Well-Known Member

Yeah.

It's lame that I can't post pictures of my own free will.

7. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Brad pitt is boring looking to me. He's as you said what average people like.
    So he's average looking as well. You want an average person to like you? XD

8. Worthless

Worthless Well-Known Member

Post the link to the site in which your pictures are hosted.

I do believe that looks are a major factor in attraction between two people, but you also have to keep in mind that it depends on a persons taste.
    I was often considered beautiful throughout school, and started off in the 'popular' group, but soon after left that group to be with a 'nerdier' person, and people questioned why, because he was 'ugly'. But through my eyes he was the most perfect boy I had ever seen.

9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust a rating site. On the internet, there are tons of way-too-hot-to-be-real people just a google away. You can't be compared fairly to that.

10. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

^ That. I didn't get to see any pictures of you, but I don't have to in order to say this. Don't worry so much about an internet rating site.
    Most people with the high ratings are usually fake or photo-shopped big time. Believe me.. I use to fake pictures and photo shop a lot for higher ratings cause the original me would always get low ratings. Made me feel so awful and insecure. I still photo shop some of the very few pictures I do to this day. :dry:

11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

THANK GOD I'm not average or normal :biggrin:

12. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

seriously? have you not learned about trolls?

13. Lost.

Lost. Well-Known Member

There were a lot of guys substantially less attractive than me who were pulling 9s.

lol.

I'll just take it as male jealousy. As well female jealousy that they don't have my prettier features.

14. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

In your opinion, sure.

You don't sound as though you have any problems with self-esteem to me, and at the end of the day why put yourself on a rating site if you're frightened of people putting you down? It's just asking for trouble. Scoring someone based off of looks is lame anyway, and totally unneccesary.