ugh i forgot again

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Diseased88, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diseased88

Diseased88 Active Member

I always forget to make an intro post *sorry*

Well, i go by Diseased or Don, either or. i am 18 years old and have been through alot of shit. So i know whats up. I was diagnosed with depression but f*ck them, im in control of how i feel, and i dont wanna be pigeon holed into a disorder.

I was hit with depressive and suicidal thoughts when i was 13-16 I went through alot of self harm and 2 relationships and also 2 mental hospitals (most interesting time of my life, it definitly helped)

My dream in life up to that point was to be a US Marine. But due to a dumbass recruiter and a naive recruit, i got an entry level discharge for lying about SI scars.

My mom died when i was 6, and my father was a bit rough (not abusive though) that was left up to my cousins, who would torture me beyond belief. (everything from pouring water on me while i was trying to sleep and saying the dog pissed on me to locking me in the basement with no lights, to cutting me with a ice pick.)

I am now 18, High school drop out (got my GED) and hopefully will joing the army (only for the training, i dont feel duty bound) Umm, my long term dream is to buy a house and build a family out in the midwest. colorado or somewhere like that.

I consider myself philosophicaly aligned with Stoicism. It is very helpful in dealing with depressing circumstance. I have a quote from one of the fathers of Stoicism i throw around alot, only because I like how it stresses that the things we cant control dont matter, because we cant control them. and vice versa

Religiously, i am a deist, i believe in God, (the fact we make false Gods, show that we were made by God, or, God made us in his image, and we've been returning the favor ever since) I do NOT ascribe to any religion, and i LOVE science, so i can seem atheist at times, but im not. =P

I am a pretty well adjusted person, i only found this site whilst looking up the ethical implications of geriatric suicide. I liked this community and was hoping i could help some of you, or at least lend an ear.

I still have alot of problems in life, but i have learned to deal with them in a healthy and controlled manner, and have a lot of experience dealing with *shit* so drop me a PM or something if you want some advice or wanna talk, ill try and be in chat too, but i dont multitask well, and this is more convenient, sorry for the long intro!
  2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are feeling bad enough to find SF, but i'm glad you are here, and I hope you find all the support and friendship as you are looking to receive. I'm looking forward to seeing you around. Take care of yourself, and if you ever need to talk, my PM box is always open to you. :) :hug:
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. You sound like a very interesting person. I look forwar to seeing you around the forum.d
  4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

:welcome: to sf. I hope you find some support here :smile:
  5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the site Don!:smile: I hope we can give you as much help as you give us!:hug:

6. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

welcome hun! hope u find the help u need here! we are laways here to listen and to give support whenever u need it! :sup:
  7. Diseased88

Diseased88 Active Member

thank you all for the open arms :biggrin: i hope to be an active member of this forum =D
  8. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

:welcome: to the forum! SF is a great place to give and receive support...I'm glad you found us. I'm looking forward to seeing you around! :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.