ugh, lack of sleep leads to bad things

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by the fleet asleep, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

so, after 4+ days of near complete sleeplessness, i had reached my wits end and decided to load up on antihistamines. so, sometime this morning, i took a bunch of a certain allergy med, and waited for sleep to hit me.

oh, and did it hit me

i hallucinated for a few hours, and fell asleep. i just woke up, after maybe 12 or 13 hours of sleep, and im more tired than i was before hand. i could probably sleep at least another 8 right now, but i think thatd screw me up worse than anything

worst of all is that im staring at a dozen or so open instant message windows, because in my infinite medicated wisdom, i decided to message everyone who was on that early in the morning. im afraid to start sorting through them, as im sure that i made a fool of myself a dozen times over. i dont know how, while tripping balls, i couldve thought that that was a good idea.

so, be weary of using a bunch of antihistamines to overcome a severe bout of insomnia. drug induced sleep isnt very restful, and you might wake up to an even more severe bout of facepalm.

2. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Friend of mine did the same thing. He hallucinated a row with his mum.

Try mertazapine or zopriclone.
  3. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

man i wish i was there
  4. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Yes indeed it does. I was so tired tonight that I fell asleep with this site open unknowing if my parents ventured up the stairs to see it or not.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i havent slept properly in days. i'm too scared to go back to my flat where i would have a good sleep but wake up in some panic state
    i'm having nightmares
    i look like a fucking corpse
    but i'm really very friendly and can talk/listen to my sister for ages when i'm laughing and stuff.
    i think i'm afriad of sleeping. i need a shower. i look like shit. i need to present myself as 'stable' to the crisis team tomorrow but they seem to be for my being discharged even though i was obviously unwell when they last saw me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.