Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sashi0, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sashi0

Sashi0 Well-Known Member

I just had an episode. I had an argument with my boyfriend, and I got so mad... I started wheezing and lost my voice. I couldn't breath or calm down and I couldn't stop crying. I have never felt so insanely out of control. :sad: I couldn't stop,I punched my head so much, I still couldnt breath so I punched my face. I'm black and blue and sore but nothing. I couldn't breathe or calm down, so I grabbed the blade and started cutting my thighs and calves. So many ridiculous cuts.. Why!? My god, did I start breathing slowly but surely as soon as I did that? I hate that. I'm so disappointed, because I haven't in some time. I was glad to see I haven't needed to. I'm so sorry... Just apologizing to myself a few days ago I guess. I'm so pathetic.
  2. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry. Firstly, well done for managing to go without for a while. It takes a lot to be able to tell yourself that you don't have to do it.

Secondly, people have different ways of coping with their problems - yours is to SH. If you had an argument then this is the automatic response you have, so don't blame yourself.

Finally, you're not pathetic! It's simply a coping mechanism; next time you feel yourself getting to that point, try something else to calm you down, you'll find some good suggestions on this forum such as writing down your feelings or going for a run etc.

Take care :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.