Ugh.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Melancholy, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

My new form of self harm I suppose. Along with the rest.

I'll eat the same amount I always do. I throw it all up when I realise how horrible it feels to have a full stomach. I hate throwing up. But it seems as if there's no other way. I know how stupid that sounds. Of course there's another way. I'm a healthy weight, I do enough exercise, but I can't make myself keep my food down. It disgusts me that I'm loading all those calories into me and not doing anything to get them out again.

Stupid.
    I should just stop eating.
    Disappear..

2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Heya,

Your not stupid. Your ED is the one way that you have to make you feel better and in control of yourself. Everything you say does not sound stupid. The fact that you have recognised that you have an ED is a good thing and the first step to recovery.

I was told last night that an ED should be something that you should not be ashamed of. I was to think of it as a illness that was like chicken pox you can't help it, and therefore it is not your fault, that you caught chicken pox. Therefore it is not your fault that you have an ED. The women who told me this holds a support group for people who suffer from an ED.

I do not want to say that ED's are ok but at the same time they are. Have you got help at all or someone that you can see? I am here if you want to chat so feel free to PM me or reply. You are a strong person.

take care

Sam
    x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.