Ugh :(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by absolution, Jul 6, 2010.

1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I went to my first group session today. It was terrifying :( Im not sure i can go back. It's weird tho...everyone was really nice and i laughed a lot as well as learned some stuffs but yet im still shaking and not wanting to go back. :dunno:

I really dont understand my feelings :cry: and its pissing me off. I hate myself so much and just want to cut.... always makes me feel better. :(

2. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Is there anyone you can call?

So sorry - I hate talking to people too - my therapist stopped trying to get me into a group - said he got tired of me looking at him like he was insane.....

Perhaps try doing something nice for yourself - take some deep breaths.... go for a walk...

Keep posting, maybe you can write what you are feeling....

:hug:

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

The therapist that runs it told me to call her if i needed her because of the look on my face at the end. But i cant bring myself to pick up the phone to call her. I dont know what to do. I cant leave my room i feel so messed up. :cry: Idk whats wrong with me......

:hug: thank you

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I think it was just a new experience that you would have to get used to is all. I am sure everyone was happy for you to be there. You are one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I am sure if I have met you in person I would feel the same way. I bet every one of those people have felt as you do, and would love to share with you what helped them through the ordeal. I would give it another chance and I would open up. Have you ever heard someone say that it is easier to open up to a stranger than to someone you know? I have found this to be true. PM me if you need to chat ((HUG)). Blessings..

5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: thanks hun....Ill try to open up next time if i can make it through another week :(

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Sam, just give her a call if you need to. It might put your mind at ease.

Doing things like this are scary, give yourself some credit for going in the first place.

Maybe give it a little bit more of a chance before you decide it's not right for you.

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I have faith that you can do whatever you put your mind to do. Blessings..

8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:nerves: i cant

9. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Course you can. I remember a time when you said you couldn't go back into therapy. And i bet you said that you couldn't go to the group session.

You've already proved that you can do these things.

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

yeah true...but i cant go back to either of them :( :cry:

11. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Why not?

12. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

to hard bec....

13. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Group therapy isn't easy, I can agree with you there... But it does get easier, I promise. I started DBT group therapy in January and I finish it next week, and it really has gotten easier. I'm friends or can at least get along with all the girls in the group and we all joke and talk and we even joke with the doctors that run it. It really does get better and it does help sometimes. Stick with it, it really could help. And as for calling your therapist... Try it. My individual therapist for DBT has me call her too and it helps as well and isn't scary. They're very understanding, caring, and helpful. Good luck...

14. frostbitten1997

frostbitten1997 Account Closed

Listen to K Sam,give it a chance to work ok.

15. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Just like the other stuff that you originally said was too hard...but you ended up doing?

You always say you can't....but then you do.

Give yourself some credit.

Therapy is bloody hard, it's not supposed to be fun or easy. I know my absolute best sessions, the most productive and important ones, have also been the hardest.

But you have proven that YOU CAN...and you will ;)

16. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. If therapy is easy, you're doing it wrong. It takes a lot of work to actually make a difference and make changes in your life. Positive changes.

17. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Blah :cry: your right Bec. sorry i just get scared then basically turn on myself and end up sabotaging myself... :unsure:

Did you find that DBT helped you out with your "target behaviors"?God i hate that term :laugh:

18. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have a hard time with wanting to go to. I tell myself, "just do it."

I glad you were able to laugh during the session. You are going to experience the good and the bad and that is okay. In this way you are walking through it and I'm proud of you for going.

:hug:

19. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

aww thanks hun :hug: Do you do DBT too? :eek:hmy:

20. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

At the moment I'm doing CBT (cognitive behavior therapy).