ugh...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZombiePringle, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

As I said in another thread I tend to dwell on things a little too much. Like when I took that test earlier... I have been kinda overthinking things way too much. I have taken about 4 online "self assessment" kinda tests and they don't help my worries at all. I just hate that I tend to overthink even if nothing is probably wrong at all. Maybe I shouldn't look into these self-assessment test thingies as much as I have been but I can't seem to not. So its just a continuous cycle that will just drive me insane for a few days until I forget about it.

2. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

all of these pre-defined test jobbies suck. When I was younger, and my parents were worried about my future (little did they know I had no future), they spent a tonne of money on aptitude tests, and all of those tests had THE SAME RESULTS, even though they had completely different questions, and were used by different companies. Now, how's that for empirical evidence? What kind of assessment tests are they? If its online IQ tests then they also lie.

3. ZombiePringle

Its actually self assessment kinda tests for aspergers. one of them was 150 questions.

4. Sardaukar

what makes you think you have Aspergers? I wouldnt put much stock in an online test, if you are concerned see a professional, I mean wouldn't you trust someone with lots of degrees and whatnot on the wall? And look, a comfy chair! A COMFY CHAIR SIT IN IT AND TELL ALL, ALL I SAY!

5. ZombiePringle

There is a lot of factors that I've actually been worried about for a while. I have horrible social awkwardness ( I usually end up rambling on for a very long time about one thing... even if somebody else tries talking about something else I always go back to what I was talking about) I have exact routines to do things...not for everything but a lot of things, I tend to lack empathy for most people, I tend to get completely distracted by a specific interest regardless of what I need to do. its a bunch of little things that I've noticed about myself.

6. Sardaukar

hmmm well Im no psychiatrist, but that could be any number of things. I dont see why you should have to put yourself in a box and say" I have aspergers".
    And social awkwardness is its own special hell, why is there no social awkwardness awareness day? We need support and understanding just as much as everyone else. And if you look at it this way, you are in a relationship, and aspergers sufferers are usually unable to do that. Just an observation.

7. ZombiePringle

I know. I'm not ruling out other possibilities. I just know that it is possible and I will go see a doctor about it at some point... I just don't trust doctors. lol. And just for the record I typically fail pretty bad at relationships.

8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Am assuming you spend a lot of time alone and/or online.
    My son, who in no way has any form of aspergers, would fit the criteria at times and I think this is down to the unusual and unhealthy life he leads.
    He becomes obssessed over house safety, checking locks and windows, in a manner which could label him OCD.
    Yet when things are happening around him that push him back into the "real" world, most of this obssessive need for routine and ritual goes out the window.
    Isolation makes him unempathic with people.
    So stop worrying (or see a doc) and try for a more "normal" way of life. :hug:

9. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

the social awkwardness could be Social Anxiety Disorder (which I have), and the other ones do not seem like aspergers. However, I'm no psychiatrist, seek professional help to voice your concerns, and like sardaukar said, They have comfy chairs.