Ugh...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by A1231988, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A1231988

A1231988 Well-Known Member

I feel incredibly guilty for having suicidal thoughts when my wife is pregnant. I never want to be the kind of parent that leaves their child/children behind like that, but I worry that one day it will happen. At least before I wouldn't have been leaving behind anybody that was absolutely dependent on me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There is a vast difference between thoughts and actions. Please talk about what is going on for you and see if there is both peer and professional support so that you can be there for your wife and child.

3. A1231988

A1231988 Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was very young. I've always been an extremely lonely person, and have always avoided interaction with people in real life as much as possible. It is almost never a specific thing that makes me feel suicidal, but more of a constant emptiness. I feel like I have been putting off suicide my entire life. No matter where I am in my life I always believe in the back of my head that one day I will end up killing myself. Most of the time when I am suicidal I don't even feel sad/depressed; it's not a weeping/painful feeling. I just feel like it would be easier to kill myself rather than facing the world (though I'm sure that that is depression too).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.