ughh.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sucidalgirl99, Oct 24, 2009.

1. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Last night, I had lasgna for dinner, and I wanted more. So I got some, and my dad got mad at me. I usually don't have seconds at my house, because I'm a bit overweight, but I'm hungry most of the time. I don't get full easily unless I have a really big meal.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Your Dad shouldn't get mad at your for having seconds, why would he do that if you're hungry?
    I suppose you could try loading up on vegetables and have fruit after dinner and a large glass of water (like a litre) that's what I try to do, to try and stave off the hunger pangs.
    It might shut him up also because you're being healthy but also trying to make sure you get rid of the cravings.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

How big is your dad?? I bet if he wants seconds nothing will stop him.. Maybe next time point out he could loose a few inches also..I know how you feel when people point out what you already know.. Drinking water does help..Then later maybe a bowl of fruit..

4. sucidalgirl99

He's a bit of a health freak, but I'll try your suggestions.

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

What a horrible reaction :S he should not try to control you...
    And Auroras suggestions are good.

6. sucidalgirl99

He's sort of skinny but no six pack. I'll try it, thanks.

7. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

My parents were the same way with me. I was chubby growing from like 2nd to 8th grade and everybody just made my self-esteem lower. Other family members teased me as well. I suffered from bulimia from when I was 8 to about 19. I still have issues... Don't let your parents do that to you. Be proud of who you are. Have seconds if you are hungry. Drink lots of water through out the day. As you get older, you will also find that the weight just comes off. I did not lose all my "baby fat" until I was about 18. I am also much thinner now than when I was 18 or 19.. People who used to tease me are now huge!

8. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

BTW- You can always lose weight. People who are ugly and evil will always be that way no matter what. They can't change.

9. sucidalgirl99

I agree.

10. sucidalgirl99

Thanks for the advice hun!