Ugliness - Discuss - A reason for suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by touglytobeloved, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

A question to all of you who say that the beauty is not important:

Why ugly people are not happy?
    Why no one wants to date or have sex with them, or be in a relationship with them?
    Why everyone lies them that they are not ugly, when everyone knows and acts like they are?
    Why everyone thinks that ugly people should be happy with what they have and they have to spend their life waiting for something that will probably never come?
    Why do they have to be a part of competition in which they never win?
    Why in some ocasions people are making fun with them?
    Is the ugliness the worst illness that you could ever get?
    Why should they spend their life in search for love, seeing happy people in love all the time?

I have more questions, because Im one of these people and I know how they (we) feel all the time. For now, if you have an answer, but only honest answer, feel free to write your opinion here.

I know there are some exeptions, but they are rare, and they are mostly musicians or very rich people, or probably in very rare ocasions they have a lot of luck.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

If an individual can only truly see themselves as ugly then that is what they are going to portray to others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And if the world is seeing someone that is only capable of believeing it themselves that they are ugly then that is what the world "beholds." I am one of those people that looks dont mean a damn thing to me. When I look at a person or talk to a person I'm much more interested in what is in their hearts and minds, not what the package looks like on the outside. The other side of the coin is that there are a lot of "beautiful" people out there that are just as unhappy. And it is similiar in that they cannot see past their beauty. They become consumed by it. If people could learn to look past an individuals outer appearance, their lives could be so much richer.
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

To be honest, almost everyone thinks that they're ugly, or imperfect in some way. To obsess over it, in my opinion, just makes you look shallow and vain. Looks aren't important to everyone.
  4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

When people look at you, or anyone else, they don't focus on flaws. They see you as a whole, they see your emotional stability and self confidence. Maybe those are things you will want to work on. Also, anyone who makes jokes about your looks is insecure about themselves, without question. If you worry about your appearance, you'll end up swaying people negatively with your karma. But if you shift your attitudes and perspectives on life, thinking optimistically, yet realistically, you'll be fine. You just need a boost of self esteem.
  5. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Read some Bukowski, I guess. I mean that in the best possible way.
    Ugliness is tricky at best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.