Ugly & Alone

I can't get my repulsiveness off my mind... wose I can't get the consequences of it off my mind!
Is there any way you can change any of the attributes you feel are unattractive? Weight, fitness, plastic surgery? I've done cosmetic skin treatments before and will again when I have the $

p.s. you can set some goals but don't dwell on this - it is only hurting you further and it doesn't change anything.

randomguy9

Put's the "Pro" in Profanity
Is there any way you can change any of the attributes you feel are unattractive? Weight, fitness, plastic surgery? I've done cosmetic skin treatments before and will again when I have the $

p.s. you can set some goals but don't dwell on this - it is only hurting you further and it doesn't change anything.
Not to the point of it making enough of a difference... still would be to short for much of it to mater.

Roughly 5'8. Averageish which doesn't cut it these days
The average height of women in North America is 5'4" so you are well above that. I think your view of yourself is distorted. I've heard you repeatedly portray that men must be muscular, 6 feet tall, handsome alpha males to get a woman and that is just not true. But if you're truly a four out of ten you must be willing to date a woman who is a four out of ten (and the same age as you).

randomguy9

The average height of women in North America is 5'4" so you are well above that. I think your view of yourself is distorted. I've heard you repeatedly portray that men must be muscular, 6 feet tall, handsome alpha males to get a woman and that is just not true. But if you're truly a four out of ten you must be willing to date a woman who is a four out of ten (and the same age as you).
Sub 6' is damn near hopeless on a dating app.

& odd as the 80-20 rule may sound in more modern times... does appear to be the norm in the dating market.

Again when I tried the dating app thing I always set the age filter the same older & younger than me... & did not reject profiles based on looks.

kittykatt

I've always known looks aren't great. Always hurt on occasion but...

Well... at my old as fuck age I finally felt I had made it to a point where dating was a possibility.

With the pandemic...dating apps are the only option.

& that's where things become clear... I'm just to damn ugly. People say looks don't matter... but data shows that the top 20% of men get 80% of female attention on those... there is a minimum standard for a guy to have a chance at even a damn chat... let alone a meet...

(Before people say anything I'm not no swiping on women based on appearance, with the exception of seeing religious symbols on there clothing because religion & I have a bad history... & this is something that I think needs to line up to work)

Sense then... I've noticed everything wrong... I'm somewhat overweight... higher than normal hairline, below most women's preferred height...

I'm trying to remind myself of non appearance related qualities... but it doesn't fucking mater if a man is to ugly to even be considered...

At my age... probably only way to fix this would be some black market steroids... I don't have years to get in shape & this fucking pandemic had things closed anyway where I can't make the needed effort...

Suddenly... its always on my mind...
You're right, Looks do matter. It's what people see of each other first. It's only after people get to know each other that looks stop mattering. It's what attracts people to each other. But what's interesting is that there are beautiful people with rotten personalities and 'ugly' people with wonderful personalities. The secret is to discover what lies under the surface,

Years ago there was a Twilight Zone episode where there was a woman whose face was wrapped in bandages. At the end of the episode the other characters faces were disclosed and they looked like deformed pigs. The woman whose face was bandaged turned out to be what we would consider pretty. But in that society was considered to be ugly. A handsome man came and got her and they went away to a colony where they could live with others like them.

The point is that beauty and ugly are terms that are relative and subjective.

I at one point tried a dating site as well and nobody ever tried to get in touch with me.

Sometimes all it takes is being in the right place at the right time to meet the perfect person. Hang in there and and it just might happen to you, Good luck.

randomguy9

Sorry to bump my old thread But...

I'm awake before I'm supposed To be... can't get my mind of this hopelessness.

I suspect That where I am I'd less than 3 weeks away from more lockdowns & closures... no fucking way to meet people

Why did I have To be born like this?

& got that fucking video meeting in the morning... hope I can pass off stepping away as a bathroom Break if I'm trying to avoid A breakdown.

ScarletX

Dating apps, imo, are not worth the time. I don't use them, I would be too shy and scared to, but what I've read from others, is that it's all a popularity game. It's all about who has the best selfies, etc.Tbh, I think a lot of the profiles on them are bots, anyway. You're more likely to find someone more compatible on Twitter (I wish that was a joke, but it's not really, lol).

Anyone who dismisses you based solely on height to begin with, is not worth you investing time on.
Hope you're doing well.

randomguy9

At work... hiding in an empty room on my break... stuck thinking about how thanks to genetic damnation I'm going to live & die alone.

Damn I wish things were different.

SamB

SF Supporter
There is no point denying that looks matter, that is the way of the world but looks are not everything and you can find someone no matter what you look like.
There are plenty of qualities that make a man attractive, looks, confidence, power, money, sense of humour etc etc. The qualities for women are different but the effect is the same. Essentially the overall attractiveness of a person is judged by how they rate at all of the desirable qualities. That gives you your rough attractiveness level. That attractiveness level is going to determine the level of attractiveness of the people you can attract. So essentially you are going to need to find a partner that is the same level of attractiveness as you. The secret to being happy is to look at the differences between what you find attractive and what the general population does or to think about the features that are particularly important to you. That way you can find someone who is of the same attractiveness as yourself but that you find more attractive because they have the features you like or they score higher in the areas that you find particularly important. The same applies the other way around, so think of the features that you have and the categories where you score high and low and look for a partner that finds your features attractive or rates your best categories as the most important.

Waves

Ahhh Let’s all be real here. Beautiful people get treated well. Everyone liked a pretty place. No one like a dead barren desert. People are visually oriented. Attracted to beauty. Unfortunately we all are not beautiful. Sux. Unfair. And been that way since beginning of man.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00