Ugly jealousy.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by destroythesethoughts, Oct 28, 2012.

1. destroythesethoughts

destroythesethoughts Active Member

I swear I get jealous over the dumbest things.
    If I see a status that he's posted on Facebook that some other girl has liked, I seriously feel a little jealous.
    Or if he's not hanging out with me for a night, I feel jealous that he's spending time with someone else.
    I'm not a crazy stalker, so of course I don't freak out and make a big deal out of it.
    I just wish I could sit there and not feel jealous over something so stupid.
    Of course if I had a legit reason to be jealous then I'd bring it to his attention.
    But I don't know how to control the petty jealousy.
    It's a crappy feeling
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It might be worth thinking about what you feel you need when you do this. I find I was jealous when I felt my relationships were not secure...and ultimately, I decided it was me...the more I was secure in me, the less jealous I was
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's normal to feel jealous...I feel jealous all the time about stupid things. Like now I feel jealous about my former friend who's having a happier life without's like why can't I have that too? So you shouldn't beat yourself up for feeling this way...maybe you can talk to him about how you're feeling?
  4. Lonely83

Lonely83 Active Member

Then I'm more petty, as I feel jealous when passerby look at my sisters but not me becoz they are prettier. Or you could busy yourself distracting yourself so you wouldn't too focus on him?
  5. destroythesethoughts

I've tried spending time off of facebook just so i wont see things that will make me jealous. But it's like I'm drawn to things that I know will hurt me the most.
    I don't understand it.
  6. I do that too...I look at stuff that I know will hurt. Like I unblocked my ex and saw his wedding pictures...I felt like my heart was ripped out all over again. I don't know why I do it...I'm not really a jealous person...but sometimes I do get jealous when I see people happy and carefree...because I feel like I deserve to be that way too and I'm not. I'm sorry you're having these problems :-( it's a terrible feeling.
  7. annief

annief Member

Why is it so easy to give in to feeling bad like this?! I find myself seeking out things that hurt me, imaging those I love doing awful things to betray me. Is it maybe because pain feels inevitable and at least if we expect it we are not fools? It is hard to trust in good things, they seem so fleeting...
  8. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

I've been feeling jealous ever since my first boyfriend cheated on me. I guess you could call it paranoia mixed with jealousy.
    Every guy I've been with has cheated on me, so whenever I get into a relationship some of my first thoughts are, "I wonder when he's going to cheat on me" which really isn't healthy. Over the last few years I've been working on my jealousy/paranoid tendencies and I still haven't reached my goal, but I am doing a lot better.
    The way I coached myself into not being the "crazy jealous girlfriend" is, if something is going to happen (ex: him cheating on you) no matter how much you fret or lie awake at night running through terrible scenarios, it's going to happen. If he's going to betray your trust, it doesn't matter how you feel, or how sick it makes you to think, "he's out with one of his girl friends", if he's going to cheat or do something stupid, he'll find a way to do it.
    So lately that's the thought that's kept me from overwhelming feelings of jealousy, I do still get jealous, but that's only natural. It's when being jealous starts to effect your well being that you're in trouble. Instead of sitting there waiting for something bad to happen, just enjoy the time you're spending with that person.
  9. destroythesethoughts

^ best piece of advice I've received on this subject. Thank you <3