uh... did I hit something...*trigger?*..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by eih, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eih

eih Well-Known Member

.. I was cutting deeper than before.. and it was right above my knee.. and I cut and it was bleeding alot of it wouldnt stop and it was really scary.. and I dont know why I made this thread.. but .. I dont know.. is there like a artery or vein or anything alittle big in your leg... cause... it was really hard to stop the bleeding and it really freaked me out.. I dont know.. I guess I should be used to this sort of thing being a cutter... after words I was really shaky.. I dunno if that has to do with like.. blood loss?.. or just me getting freaked out... ehh..

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

Well since the bleeding already stopped, I would keep an eye on it and if it gets too sore or infected I would seek medical attention asap! U never know and it would suck if u get an infection n have to lose your leg or somethin! :(
  3. Yeah, there are actually a lot of main veins in the leg. Ever seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? That part where Leatherface tripped and cut his leg? Yeah, my mom's a nurse and she said that where he cut his leg should have made him bleed to death within seconds, or at least made him incapacitated. If you cut too deeply into the leg, you'll bleed a lot, because despite what you wanna hear, you're legs are gonna have a lot more mass than other parts of your body, which means there will be more veins to cut, which, you guessed it, means more blood. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on the cut and clean it regularly with (preferably) peroxide. Rubbing alcohol will work too, but peroxide burns less.
  4. eih

eih Well-Known Member

ah... I figured there must be some big veins in there...

thx for the advise... but I really dont have any way to get peroxide or like.. proper bandages w/o ppl getting suspitious.. which is stupid I know.. but yeah.. I just kinda let them heal on there own... warm water and soap suppose to clean them good enough anyway.. right?... anyway.. thanks..
  5. Just say you scraped a rusty nail or something. Even the smallest of scratches need to be cleaned. My mama would even pour peroxide or alcohol on my face when she popped a bump because staff infection is really easy to get.
  6. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Warm (preferably salt) water is fine. Don't panic. Just make sure it does stay clean. If possible use an antiseptic spray or cream, or something like Tea Tree Oil. You need to keep it covered with a dressing like Melolin to keep dirt out of it and stop your clothes from rubbing.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you want more help or specific cleaning/dressing intructions.

Take care, :hug:
  7. eih

eih Well-Known Member

thanks guys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.