Discussion in 'Welcome' started by phoenix44, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenix44

phoenix44 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just joined this site yesterday. Usually when I join forums I don't even use the introduction section, but figured I would this time. Just don't really know how to go about talking about myself.

Let's see...a little info. I'm a 20 year old college student. I'm majoring in accounting, which I hate lol. I've been feeling pretty depressed the past few months, which I guess is why I joined this site. I'm depressed mainly because I feel like I'm at a dead end in my life. People my age are supposed to feel like they have the whole world ahead of them, but I feel so...trapped. Like I have nothing more to look forward to.

Anyways yeah, I just wanted to say hi. Hopefully being on this forum will help me feel a little less alone. Thanks for reading.
  2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

hey welcome to sf. i hope that you find the support that you arelooking for.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Lavenderskies1.

Welcome to the forum.

I got that trapped feeling when I was in school also. I suppose it's because I felt more like I 'had' to be there than actually wanting to. (Even though that's technically not true of college, but dropping out always seems like a worse option because where do you go from there?).

If you are hating it a lot have you thought about possibly changing your major? That might be where the trapped feeling is coming from.
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum :)
  5. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Lavender. Hope the site can help you open up that dead end for you :)
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome maybe look into a different major something you do like. glad you are here
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Its nice to meet you :biggrin:
  8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Hi. welcome to the forums. :)
  9. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome!! :)
  10. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  11. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

12. phoenix44

phoenix44 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the welcome guys. =)

I have thought about it...I'd really like to switch to a psychology major, but I'm worried that there's no jobs in that. At first I wouldn't even allow myself to think of changing my major, but now I'm slowly warming up to the idea.
  13. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

welcome to SF
  14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. It is nice to meet you. :shake:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.