Uh... hi. >_>

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Bright Star, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bright Star

Bright Star Member

Yeah, I suck at thread titles. :tongue:

Anyways! Basic information I suppose might be a good idea. Name of Jennifer (my user name over thar is a translation of one of my Italian middle names. Yay complicated ethnicities! :tongue:) Living currently in the frozen North (of England), long way from my birthplace and I miss home rather a lot... this place never really seems to have taken over that title.

Anyways again! The whole story of how I got to be here is far too long and rambling and probably quite boring, so I won't drag the whole thing out at this point. Me, in short, is painfully shy (as can probably be told by the yawning gap between registration date and this post), and generally inept in social situations, though I am trying to work at that. This post is pretty much a leap of faith in that regard.

I've had my ups and downs, as I know we all have. Suffered (remarkably minor for the severity of the situation) brain damage in a car accident some years ago, been through a couple of serious relationships, the most recent of which ended when my partner died (of a possibly-congenital heart condition), something else I've never really been able to get over.

My memory in general is hazy and fuzzy and full of massive gaps, but I remember most of the major stuff. First incidence I had of suicidal feelings might have been about 15, longish time ago now. Since then, I have actually attempted suicide by painkiller overdose, twice. Whatever happens now, I'm not about to try that again. I have never, ever, felt any worse than I did waking up in hospital after those botches.

Since that, been officially diagnosed bipolar, and have swung dangerously close to another attempt on more occasions than I care to count. My body is typically a bit of a chemistry experiment, and I have more therapists than I can sometimes keep up with, yet I keep going. Never really figured out why.

*reads* Gawds, that was rambling. Anyone getting this far, I applaud you for your patience. Gonna close for now, I think, with a paraphrase of something Gilles Villeneuve, somewhat of a personal hero of mine despite the fact that he died before I was even born, reportedly said to the F1 doctor of the time. Probably gonna mangle it badly, but here goes...

I hope that I never need the kind of help that I've seen you all give so many others in my lurkier time here, but I feel confident that should I need it, it will be provided without question, and I am extremely thankful for that.

*zips it*
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the site, Jennifer!:smile: I think you'll find we're a friendly and helpful lot. We are all good listeners and have strong shoulders to cry on, should you need that, and arms to reach out and hold you up when you're about to collapse. It sounds like you've had more than your share of hard times. You came to the right place to let off steam and make friends. Again, welcome!:smile: :smile:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Jennifer. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about yourself. I hope you get the support you need here. Take care. :hug:
  4. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Welcome aboard! :cool: We're all here for each other. Glad to have you here with us. :smile:
  5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hi there, welcome :)
  6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF >.< :hug:
  7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome hun. I hope you like it here, if you'd like a friend my PM box is always open for you. Take care hunny. :hug:

PS - Love your avatar picture... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.