Uh. Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyville

Haven't been here since January. Finally kicked my painkiller addiction to the curb, but of course I struggle with keeping the addiction at bay day after day. Oddly I wasn't horribly insulted by two family members and made homeless for a week until after I kicked the addiction. My aunt used to be one of the dealers of mine - yeah, I know it's fucked up - and she can't stand that I'm clean. So she's harassing me at work, giving me shit, etc.

I've turned to alcohol to keep my mind off things, which I know isn't the brightest idea. I go to therapy now, but even though I manage to pay all my bills now, and finance the shitty camper of my brother's I live in by paying rent/utilities etc., I'm still depressed. I really don't feel like I accomplished anything by kicking my painkiller habit, even though I know I have - paying bills, for instance, which I've never managed to do because I was addicted to painkillers for five years and I'm only 20 now - but yeah. I'm back now. Cause I'm close to losing it.

ETA: Oh, and I'm struggling with bulimia issues, yay! That, on top of the alcohol, has had my blood sugar levels as low as 60 (diabetes runs in my family, so I checked my blood sugar via a family member, because I kept near-fainting at work.) Basically I am slowly killing myself. And I'm okay with it. So that's why I'm here.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimk

Staff Alumni
Hello Happyville, you are doing good getting by the painkiller habit.. you can do this so now maybe time to work on the booze habit......

AA or some visits to a professional to help you with this. my former habits of these two was that i was running away from some stuff and people and tried to stone and drown thoughts of them and that only way i knew how then..

Happy, you are young and got time to get control and try to move on in a good direction from adn with this all.. like i said , maybe some help would be a good idea.. tc, Jim

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Glad you thought to come back to support here. I hope through therapy you can find a way to treat yourself better..it is so difficult, I know, but is worth the battle...please continue to tell us what is going on and how you are getting through these tough times...big hugs

Lana

Hey hun, welcome back. I'm glad you kicked your painkiller addiction, that alone is a huge accomplishment. I hope you're able to receive help for bulimia and your alcohol use when you're ready to.
Take care

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I know hun tired of the fight but you know you are winning okay Way to go hun Block you aunt from you life right now okay you do not need her harassing you Glad you are venting here hun please don't replace one addiction with another time now to get some professional help okay so you can keep moving forward h ugs

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Welcome back Kimberly!! It's not easy kicking everything at once.. The pain killers should be out of your syatem by now..Next you should work on your bolimia.. That will kill you..You have to eat.. Why don't you see your family doctor and tell him this.. He should be able to put you on a diet that your stomach can keep down..Once you take care of that then you can tackle the alcohol..I was a drug addict and alcoholic for over 30 years and kicked them both cold turkey..I miss them but realize my life was fucked up..Stay with us and let us help support you..

Constantinos

Haven't been here since January. Finally kicked my painkiller addiction to the curb, but of course I struggle with keeping the addiction at bay day after day. Oddly I wasn't horribly insulted by two family members and made homeless for a week until after I kicked the addiction. My aunt used to be one of the dealers of mine - yeah, I know it's fucked up - and she can't stand that I'm clean. So she's harassing me at work, giving me shit, etc.

I've turned to alcohol to keep my mind off things, which I know isn't the brightest idea. I go to therapy now, but even though I manage to pay all my bills now, and finance the shitty camper of my brother's I live in by paying rent/utilities etc., I'm still depressed. I really don't feel like I accomplished anything by kicking my painkiller habit, even though I know I have - paying bills, for instance, which I've never managed to do because I was addicted to painkillers for five years and I'm only 20 now - but yeah. I'm back now. Cause I'm close to losing it.

Hello and welcome to the forums, i'm here to help you whenever you need help.

Feel free to send me a PM!

I am very happy that you are visiting a therapist, this is a very important step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00