Uh I just need to talk

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Nox13, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Nox13

Nox13 New Member

Okay so I found this forum when I search about suicide. Well, I'm in collage now and has not been come to collage for more than one year because of my social anxiety. My parents didnt know that. I'm in edge of drop out. I feel that place isnt the place I belong. I dont have any friend and cant see any future for me... I hate myself who keep avoiding everyone and cant talk to anyone.

I'm thinking about suicide a lot but I keep imagine how my mother will face if I die. I know she love me and I really such a failure that cant bring her to a happiness. I cant talk to her about my problem because she will panic and probably cry...

I want to be strong, I'm thinking about going back to collage in few days but I'm afraid what people will think about me. Where I have been? Why I avoiding them? I'm so afraid that I can't stop crying every night silently alone...

I'm sorry my english isnt good. But I need to dump this thought somewhere and make myself feel better.
  2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Nox and welcome to SF. If you have social anxiety that is keeping you away from college, you really need to get some help to overcome the problem. There should be counsellors at the college who can maybe help you, if not, then you need to see a doctor or mental health professional. Is that going to be possible. If this has been going on for a year, its not a short term problem is it. But they can help you to overcome these issues and teach you how to cope better. So please look into that ok.
    Brian777 likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Nox, welcome to the forum, many of us found this site the same way you did, I'm glad you ended up here.
    Btw your English is just fine. Social anxiety can be overwhelming but it is fixable with therapy and/or medication. You could maybe see your doctor and be quite honest with what you're dealing with, I'm sure they'll offer some help.
    As for College it's good you have the option to go back, you really don't have to explain yourself to others if you choose not to. You could speak to your Mother about what you're going through, I'm sure she'd be supportive and assist you in dealing with these problems. They are fixable and suicide is definetly not the answer, I know it seems overwhelming now, but you can get through it. People here will support and help you as much as they can. Take care of yourself and open up to family, they will help you.
    SinisterKid likes this.
  4. SomeGuy77

SomeGuy77 Member

Social anxiety, I've had it for a long long time. I still have it but it's very weak and I can overcome it when I really try to. It's very simple really, it comes from fear, fear that one is not good enough. But you are good enough, everybody is! Once you let that sink in work towards the mental state that remembers this and does not let fear lure it away to anxiety again.

I know it's much easier said than done, but that state of mind won't happen overnight, have to take small steps and eventually reach it.

Why worry about what others might think of you, only you have to live with yourself, not them. All people actually think the same way, worrying what others might think of them, but some do it much more than others, like us with anxiety.
    SinisterKid likes this.