uh oh...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Excedrin, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excedrin

Excedrin Guest

I accidentally threw a blood stained shirt in the dirty clothes today. When I came home from school I saw that my sister was doing laundry. I don?t think she would put the shirt in the washer if she new there was blood on it and I didn?t see it anywhere. I don?t know if she saw the blood or not but I know if she did, she would tell everyone about it first before she would say anything to me.

Now am very nervous because I honestly don?t know what would happen if they all found out about the cutting. I usually keep the depression and everything pretty well hidden, at least I think I do. The only reason they would have to suspect that I have been cutting myself is that my other sister used to do it.

Am thinking that if she does ask about it then ill just say that I had a bloody nose and that was the only thing I had to soak it up with. I used to get bloody noses allot so that is kind of believable.

What did you all do when your friends/family found out? If they ever found out about it.

2. riz

riz Senior Member

My mom has seen my cuts when they were still scabs and all I had to do was say that I hurt myself somehow and she would drop it. I was cutting my arms before and she was finding them too easily. I started on my legs and she hasn't seen anything since.

I don't know what I would say if my mom found out that I was cutting. I think I would try to play it off as something else, but if that didn't work, I would probably just try to tell her that it was the last time. That she didn't have to worry.

About the clothes...the key is to do your own laundry...lol

I hope things don't get bad for you.

PM me if you feel the need.

3. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

umm to your question...i dont know. my mum kind of knows in that shes seen scars..which i made excuses for and once she saw something that i couldnt really make an excuse for. she kind of said it to my face but i still just denied it and we havent mentioned it since. she definitely doesnt know the extent though. i dont know what the point in this post is..just that you asked..lol.

being a hypocrite but maybe letting them find out could be a positive thing so that they could help and support you? i guess only you know how they would react though. take care.

xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.