UK and U.S. 'draw up joint plan to attack Iran'

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ck-drawn-UK-US-Middle-East-tensions-rise.html

I've been out of the loop on politics for like.. my entire life, so I don't know if this is crap is new or regurgitated news. I know about the tension between Iran and the UN, specifically the US with their nuclear development program. Well atleast what's been spun to me. But..

Seriously? I really really hope not.. made me slightly scared. It'll undo so much, it'll kill so many people and so many positive parts of life. :( God i have a headache.. if i had more energy id be angry

2. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Yep, this is slightly more worrying now but it has been on the cards for years with our constant threats and Iran.. well being Iran.
    Iran can't be allowed to produce Nuclear weapons but then we don't want another Iraq on out hands. It's a very sticky/dangerous situation that I think nearly every country in the world has it's eye on right now.

3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Ive heard a few claims about this recently, is their any substance to them though, other than the usuall contingencies we plan all the time?

4. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Well I saw on my sky news in the uk yesterday that israel is considering pre emptive strikes against Iran,so maybe America will use Israel to punish Iran without committing their own forces to the action.Its a touchy subject so I'm not getting into the wrongs or rights of it,that's just my thoughts on how it may play out. I'm not sure why Britain and America feel it's down to them to decide who can and who can't have the same technologies as us. I mean look what america did with the atomic bombs on Japan,maybe we shouldn't be trusted either.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I don't see Iran as a threat at all. Same old West side bullies and Israel trying to find any excuse they can to start another other unjustified war. They've been making up shit about Iran for years.

6. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

The U.S have had plans to attack everyone doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Plan Red.

7. justMe7

Ok, may I ask why?

@Brink - Yeah I'm defiantly with you on that but it's the sheer public stance and direction. It's very intimidating and it stirs deep feelings and responces for people to play with outside of politics. It's more of a prelude to neutrality or war, unless something drastic comes to couter it imo.

8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Biggest reason I see is that China has been supplying weapons to Iran and if it spills out into war, I'm not sure anyone would like China getting involved except for Iran.

9. justMe7

Didn't know about that. Actually I'm having a little trouble finding alot of information on weapon sales between the two. http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htproc/articles/20111104.aspx Found this, where it states that China has sold aprox $300million worth of missiles to Iran. But this is just one source, if that even.

Well, ok. But I'm somewhat miffed at a low end weapon sales relationship between two countries like China and Iran. I've read china "supporting" irans nuclear development program which the UN/US oppose.
    I don't know how close of relationship between Iran and China is, or Chinas political/economical interests in Iran or neighbouring countries being a cause of concern for China getting involved. Which I guess is something I need to look into, but I don't know of any real trade off for China to go against the UN/US directly.

Kinda still don't know why you feel Iran shouldn't have a nuclear program. The only thing that I know of is Irans perception towards Israel, and this "threat" being the forefront for impeding Irans nuclear development.

i'm just finding it hard to create a justification for going to war. It'll spark terrorism by "patriotic" Iranians, fuel anti-western percceptions across the globe. Give more justifications for certain "religious" groups to hate even more. It'll hurt political relationships with many nieghbouring countries, not just world wide stability.. Idk? I don't know how our countries can justify and order our troops to risk their lives and kill Iranian Soldiers and invade their land.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  10. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I think the biggest reason is that Iran supports terrorism and they have lied and defied over their nuclear intentions from the start. Basically the fear is if they go nuclear, they won't be using it for power or protection and they only have themselves to blame for that for being so shifty from the beginning.

But i do agree, going to war with them is certainly not going to make things any better. Its going to get very ugly for everyone concerned if/when it happens.

11. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

12. justMe7

Yar, I agree their, lack of co-operation with the UN in regards to their nuclear program is disheartening. And worrysome if they have affiliation with terrorist organisations.
    http://terrorism.about.com/od/iran/p/Iran2.htm interesting if not, biased article, but atleast there's some stuff to look into about them.

Gonna have to read more into it, because the coupling of "terrorist" affiliation and nuclear weapons(or actually, a nuclear power program) doesn't seem jusitifiable in my eyes, on any front actually.

13. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

14. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Well on my sky news app comes the story that all those wanting war with Iran will love. It seems the united nations have some secret dossier that Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons. Sky news foreign affairs reporter tim marshall says "Where I think it's very important is that if it comes to military action down the line, this report will be the one that's held up, (as it's said): 'Here is the proof, we had to act'."
    Let's hope it has more substance to it than those phoney reports on WMD that led to the war on Iraq.I wouldn't wanna be the guy who wrote this report as we all know what happened to Dr David Kelly the man who gave Blair the green light to go to war.Official version was he committed suicide hmmm how convenient for Blair.

15. BrinkOfExistence

All i have to say is good luck Iran because you're gonna fucking need it.
    I wonder though, China is very supportive for Iran to have a nuclear programme and opposes military action against them, I think the US and The UK need to take in consideration on how this could affect other countries, I don't think Russia would be too happy either, they oppose anything the US or Nato do.

16. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Thats not the same and every sane person in the world knows it. We essentially ended the war in a week what normally wouldve taken another few years and saved countless millions gowd sometimes you brits really are a frustrating bunch.

17. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Are you sure your American?

18. BrinkOfExistence

It's seems like it's only Americans who say that, where's your prove that this statement is true, the war in Europe was alreadly over when America dropped the bombs and lots of countries had already declared war on Japan, i Believe that had America and the rest of the countries invovled, used strategic warfare like in Europe, e.g targeting military personel and bases only, then many lives would of been saved. The biggest problem i have with America using the Atom bombs was the amount of civilians that were killed.

19. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Again why Risk millions more deaths on our side when there is a way to end it without any on our side? Look i am only 21 but that was and is the most logical choice at the time to me you can disagree if you want but whats done is done.

20. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Also on this topic there are always plans to invade country's does it mean we always act on it? Of course not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.