uk Elections 22/05/14

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Twocky61, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Next Thursday 22nd May is the uk elections

Currently we have a coallition where two parties (Conservatives & Labour) are in power

Don't post here who you plan to vote for but there is Conservative, Labour, UK Independence Party, Liberal Democrats and even the British National Party and the National Front, plus some fruit cake parties too just to spice proceedings up a bit and amuse us all

How many of you uk-ites are going to vote then?

I am as we fought for the right to vote and countries such as ones in the developing world and ditatorships are not free to vote as they have to do as they are told by their unelected governments

2. The Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats share power in the coalition ruling the UK since 2010. Labour are the main opposition party and therefore not in power.

I will be voting, in my Brighton constituency.

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'm a staunch unionist so you can guess what way I'm voting lol

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I don't actually mind saying who I am voting for, the tories are a bunch of rich kids, labour cannot be trusted (Iraq war), I am not right leaning so I think the only solution is the Green Party - given I am in London it is quite important they get some votes to influence better air quality green spaces etc - the rest can go to hell to be honest

5. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I was thinking of voting for one of the more controversial parties as a protest vote, but quite frankly, I don't like them, and I don't want to encourage them, so... It's just a certain ideology (which I will leave nameless because I don't want a massive argument) has managed to weasel its way into being acceptable to many parties including ones I would otherwise wholly agree with, and it's discouraging me to vote... :( When they tackle that shitty ideology, they'll get my vote, until then, no thanks.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Some foul fiend had the temerity to post a UKIP paper through my door!
    I will hunt them down and kneecap them.

7. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

How very dare they... :)

8. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Being aware that some of those who came before us gave their lives fighting that we as ordinary mortals should have the right to have our say in the running of our countries, I have always taken my duty as a citizen to cast my vote very seriously, This year and on the occasion of the Euro poll I am voting by post for the first time. Interesting and most helpful.

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

No idea who I'll be voting for. They are all pretty much of the same. Don't trust any of them. Might vote for the Monster Raving Lunatic Party.

10. Perfect Melancholy

are they still going? I might have to reconsider my vote..............

11. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Green party woo. because everyone else i cant trust and when caroline lucas was on question time she seemed like a lovely person who you could put trust in

12. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

vote conservative!!

13. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

The voting system is rubbish and ultimately corrupt, full of tribalists. But if for a moment I pretend it is not evidence of why humanity is likely to end up an evolutionary dead end. I would vote for Green Party. Here is my reasoning. They want a referendum on the getting out of the EU. So if you are voting UKIP as a protest vote, just to get us out, then why not go Green, green are not linked to Lega Nord for a start! So that is always good. They want to roll back the social care bill and make the secretary of state responsible for human lives again. In simple speak that means save the NHS from being privatised and intentionally set up to fail. They want to renationalise the railway. Considering a flight to Spain can be cheaper than dishonest rail fare at times. I see that as a good thing. They are against the TTPI. In simple speak, it paves the way for corporations to sue governments and all manner of nastiness which brings Crony capitalism ever closer towards being unassailable. They want to undo the privatisation of the school system and what amounts to a free sell off, set in motion by Gove. They are also for greater science funding to tackle the global issues we face, instead of pretending they don't exist. As well as realise breathing an atmosphere of toxic death is not a future they want for their children. However profitable it may be for gas mask companies that have released a new range with hello kitty designs for your wee one. They are the only party that is against neoliberalism. If you are into neo liberalism though it is my recommendation you move to Greece and Argentina see how you like the end result of its failed policies. Labour, Tory, Ukip, lib Dem. All support neoliberalism. If you feel enraged at gross inequality, working two jobs and still not being able to keep your lights on, while banks rake in bonuses for failure, that you are paying for. Then You are likely against neoliberalism.

14. Perfect Melancholy

Been out not ashamed to say voted Green Party :)

15. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Fucking UkiP......

god damnit Britian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.