UKIP councillor blames storms and floods on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

More gay people please. We need more storms where droughts n wildfires are quite bad
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

LOL. Oh dear.
  4. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

That's why I don't like religion. It make people stupid. =_=
  5. Farandaway674

Farandaway674 Member

As an American I can say this guy has nothing on Pat Robertson, that is one crazy religious nut job.
  6. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Not to mention separates groups of people, organized religion does.
  7. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

And they are still more popular than our current government... :concern:
  8. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

They were talking about this on radio 2 earlier. One woman defended him by saying that it was a perfectly acceptable things to say, because that's what they believed had happened during the black death.
  9. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

What people fail to recognise (and I know this is not going to be popularly accepted, but hey, this guy believes in his right to voice his opinion, and so do I - tolerant people believe in free speech, so I hope that still applies here amongst the tolerant :))..... IS that SHOULD God actually exist, (as He says He does), then He is the God of human history and the originator of our anthropology. I am NOT against people who believe they were born as homosexuals, although the assumed anti-Christian opinion is that the God-squad "hates" gays - that is totally not the case, although it can easily be perceived as such - Westboro Baptists are in error, and Pat Robertson is in error if he slams homosexual people. Theissue is far more complex than has been touted by the rainbow faction. Typingis going haywire again so wll now stop - too frstrtng
  10. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Yes urPrecious I agree with you - we may think he is deluded (to put it politely) but he believes it - But whether he should be in politics... well, it is only UKIP so you could say he should fit right in lol
  11. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

Consider me a non tolerant person in this regard. This sort of opinion is dangerously close to hate speech and incitement to hatred by the implications made if you take the next few 'logical' bigoted steps. Beyond that it is also a demonstration this person does not know that correlation does not imply causation. A common problem among politicians.

UKIP themselves are rampant insanity. That entirely uninformed people are viewing as some kind of alternative party. What boggles my mind is quite a few that lean to the left politically, who for some reason I can't fathom, beyond a beer swilling conman seeming like the every man to annoyed people, are actually endorsing this party.

Dying of laughter right now would be doing me a favour and save me a trip to a death camp sometime in the future. I totally engaged in the Goodwin fallacy but it is not a fallacy if there is some alarming substance to it.

You just have to follow the money and the connections to know what you are getting. Especially since they scrapped their original manifesto. I know manifestos are about as much worth as toilet paper now. But we are meant to be pretending at democracy here.

The connections trail leads right smack to Europe of Freedom and Democracy. That sounds truly lovely doesn't it. Well it is not it is a right wing extremist group with ties to some pretty intense nationalist parties. Like Lega Nord, who seem to fully endorse the mass murderer Breivik as having some good ideas.

On top of that you have had other UKIP counsellors saying bigoted things like gays have sex with animals and children. Along with outright mockery towards the disabled and rather alarming pro euthanasia type sentiments, not the pro choice kind either. Also all Muslims are apparently terrorists. Immigrants are also responsible for everything that is bad, wasn't bankers engaged in reckless financial mismanagement, EU corruption on a vast scale, wall street running on the greed is good mantra. Nope its all the immigrants fault...

The major donors are former Torys, some of which that thought Thatcher was too soft! Many of whom promptly turned round with such sentiments as, it is a party of bigots. Farage's every day man appearance is laughable considering he is a banker with rich chum bankers that are helping to bankroll him. Even the English Defence league think Farage is a stand up bloke and think all nationalists should endorse him.

Is getting us out the EU worth allowing such a party to be taken seriously? Unfortunately they are being taken seriously and gaining alarming ground. Starting to think I need to become an immigrant myself.
  12. Raven

Raven Guest

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

Christens have made their own gospel, they value money, power and earthy thing's above all else. Fuck anyone that hate's or decrements people for how they are born.
  13. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have no tolerence for these wack jobs whose thought patterns are insane. And how many gay kids commit suicide because of all the people who believe this crap? I have a suggestion. Maybe all the people who think this way should move to a secluded community in Russia. They can gather together where they can predict the weather patterns based on people they judge.

I thought this is worth watching. I liked it. first "openly gay" girl on American Idol is chosen for top 30.
  14. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

I entirely agree Flowers, a good number of my former clients were gay, Bi, and transsexual they wind up tortured inside as well entirely rejected by their own friends, family and even children in some cases. It is all ultimately depressing. I really hate this world sometimes. It almost makes me look forward to being dead, so I don't have to look at this twisted wreck of mangled bodies any more.

One aspect of my psychosis is that I am dead, I actually died in my last attempt and this is truly hell. A lake of fire would be positively kind at this point because hope is a terrible agony. Sitting here and knowing that democracy is dead, that insanity is entirely prevalent and history just repeats its self. A real shit storm is coming but people are calmly engaged in Normalcy Bias. All the while peoples children are going to grow up worse off than their parents. They get to inherit a wasteland, what can be inherited beyond a wasteland? The clock is rolling back and nowhere feels safe.
  15. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Adam, I totally hear what you are saying. Democracy has succumbed to greed and dark power in way too many cases. Things ARE falling apart, as I see it. But I was taught many years ago that things would fall apart so they can come back together in a much better way. That there is no way to fix things. Unless they sort of fall apart. And then a new model can be created.

It is horrible to watch all that is going on. Painful. But I think things are gretting to a place that is so extreme that more people are waking up. I do see change. And I also see those in position of darkness are in even greater fase power. Still I believe that people will eventually figure out how to not allow it. It will take a lot of help. And certanly some huge changes.

So I do not see a death per se. I see a falling apart ( to an unknown extent) and then rebirth/ re creation of a system that works. I just dont now how we will make it through the process. But so many will.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  16. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Religion and politics are like oil and water. Enough said..
  17. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

honestly, i dont believe Adam has mentioned religion.... so not sure where your comment is directed, incrisis?
  18. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Only just learnt about that...

FWIW, UKIP suspended this nutter:
  19. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Actually the Bible states that the world suffers from rebellion to Yahweh in all aspects of life. The problem lies within us and our choices to litter, abuse, harm, neglect, and judge.
    The Bible states that this terrible world was made to give the inhabitants a second chance to living a better life in this world and the promised world to come.
    False religious leaders condemn and spread hatred. Sadly not many people read the Bible. And others judge it by the false teachings that others display.
  20. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I agree with you Daphna - there's a whole heap of misguidedness around this issue. Trying to bring light and truth in, in order to cleanse our lenses so we can see properly - we have to be very sure of it ourselves before it's likely to be effective at all. Not many want to understand it from Yahweh's angle, of course not, if they don't think He exists, everything on that score is bound to be considered irrelevant and that's as far as it gets. So the truth that only wants to help and bring peace doesn't get a look in. And yet there is howling about those who are courageous enough to attempt it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.