Ukraine: world discussion thread

Gard

@Gard, I agree with you about putin, he is power hungry and basically a bully, I mean, you cannot just go and attack another country and kill their citizens, bomb and destroy houses and expect them to just take it and give him the country, he is using force, threats, and aggression to get what he wants. If things don;t go his way then he wants to destroy us all as a consequence. He would be angry and defend his terroirty too if another country tried to take over Russia!

I wonder how it was possible for Putin to be president for so long? He must of bought or bribed his way into presidency? Then again, lots of corruption and shady stuff goes in the political behind close door that we dont know about but can think about. You heard explosions,? Oh no, do you live in Ukraine? I hope you stay safe. i saw the last update that says 'putin is desperate because of battlefield defeats'', it seems he is not doing too well in Ukraine, im not sure if that last message means hope or if it's ominous what is the AFU?
I'm relatively safe, thank you for your concern :) AFU is the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Your question about the length of Putin's presidency is the most interesting. I don't consider him a legitimate president, and many people don't consider him a legitimate president either, but they are afraid of him. According to the Constitution of the Russian Federation, he had no right to even run for president for a third time, but he did. Why? Because he is a gangster. He has the mindset of a thug: whoever is stronger is right. And, of course, he found this explanation: under the Constitution he can have two terms EXCEPT, but he's a third term not EXCEPT, but 1 term later! This is manipulation and deception, I believe. Do you?
And he is from the FSB, the former KGB, which is why he seized power - he had the power, but not the electorate. But later, with the help of propaganda, he made an obedient herd out of the people.
In Ukraine, too, there was one bandit, Yanukovich. He was Putin's protégé. And Yanukovich came to power democratically, getting 52% (I think) in the elections. His main message on the campaign trail was to join the European Union. That's why he won the majority, that's why most of his fellow Donbass citizens voted for him. However, after he became president, he changed his mind and said that Ukraine was now headed for the Customs Union, not the European Union (Russia-Belarus-Kazakhstan). This resulted in the 2014 Maidan.... Then there was the seizure of Crimea (started on 20.02.2014), and Yanukovych fled on 21.02.2014, i.e. he already knew about the seizure of Crimea, and refused to fulfill his duties. There is a medal of the Ministry of Defense of Russia, which testifies that the seizure of Crimea began on February 20, 2014, when Yanukovych was president, I attach the photo.
This whole farce by Putin was illegal, an invasion of another state's internal affairs. He only invented the neo-Nazi story to have a formal reason to invade. In reality, the neo-Nazis are Putin and his entourage. Ukraine has NEVER invaded anyone's territory in modern history - this is a fact.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to say it right - two terms following each other. That's what I meant when I capitalized EXCEPT

Attachments

Last edited:

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Why not both? Shouldn't we be able to criticise Ukraine's nazi problem, while also thinking that doesn't justify a full-scale invasion of Ukraine which resulted in the deaths of thousands of civilians alone?

I mean, i'm no fan of the Taliban, but that doesn't mean i was unhappy to have finally seen the end of two decades of bombing Afghanistan into rubble.

Gard

Do you know why this symbol is classified as a Nazi symbol and who exactly classifies it as a Nazi symbol?

It is a symbol of the Right Sector. I even saw a tattoo on one person (I saw an interview).

The Russians consider it Nazi. Because the Right Sector stood up for the country in 2014, when Russia invaded Ukraine. There was total confusion in Ukraine due to President Yanukovych's refusal to exercise his presidential powers and his subsequent flight.

The Right Sector was the only force that was able to stop the Russians in 2014. What could the Russians do about it? Brand them as Nazis. Well, don't admit that they were moral freaks who attacked their neighbor, right? No, they are not that magnanimous. They're sneaky liars and thieves.

And if Mexico had attacked Texas, and the people of Texas had stepped up to defend their country, they would have been considered Nazis too, right?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00