Ultimate catch 22

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I was watching a programme about survivors of suicide last night and it's devastating what it does to the family's left behind but also my life is devastating and outright misery so I'm stuck either way

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I'm in so much mental pain that I guess that I don't think much about what it would do to my family. It's hard for me to focus on anything but the pain that I'm in.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Bruces, you need to get some professional help. It is the best thing for you to do, help is out there all you need is to be willing :hug:

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Bruces, you need to be strong and also seek professional help as soon as possible. Life is tough but be safe.

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Why can't I be normal

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What is normal?

7. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've been having treatment for years

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What is normal.

9. Vaughan

Vaughan Well-Known Member

And you'll likely be having treatment for years to come. The treatment isn't really an issue, none of us are perfect.

10. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Nothing seems to make much difference to me

11. Vaughan

Doesn't that just mean you haven't found the correct regimen yet?

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

What really is the point when we live such lives of misery? I hate looking at friends and fmily having great lives

13. Vaughan

Well, it's not about them, Bruces. It's about you. Getting treatment and fixed up is a gift to yourself. :)

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I can't be fixed

15. Vaughan

Hey, that doesn't mean you should stop trying. :)

16. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

You should keep trying despite it been pointless

17. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Knowing that you'll never live the life that others do???

18. Vaughan

Sorry, I have been away from the computer - and must leave again soon. Didn't want to leave you hanging. :)

Speaking personally, I don't obsess on what other peoples lives are like. They're all different, and for all I know they're all in crisis too. A lot of every day life is a facade - from people putting make-up on to look prettier, to those who will only wear special brands of shoes, or drive BMW's for status..... everyone has a mask of one kind or another.

Instead, you need to put the effort into finding out who you are, and what you want. I saw a documentary recently about a family who sailed around the world on a Yacht. It was a life-long dream. That was THEIR life. I enjoyed the documentary, but I couldn't get away from the fact that I'd not ever want to do what they did - that their lives were completely alien to me.

So I'm not sure who these "others" are you're talking about, but the fact is, we're individuals, not a collective. The world is full of scientists, teachers, cops, garbage men, and strippers. All people - and all different people. You just need to figure out who you are. :)

19. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

Bruces, I understand your pain. I'm there too. But none of us can say what the future holds or whether we'll get better or not. The only thing we can change is ourselves, here and now. But I understand how that's too much to contemplate - I honestly do.

20. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm really ready for my life to end it's pointless and worthless how can you live being so inferior?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.