Ultimate catch 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruces

I was watching a programme about survivors of suicide last night and it's devastating what it does to the family's left behind but also my life is devastating and outright misery so I'm stuck either way

AAA3330

I'm in so much mental pain that I guess that I don't think much about what it would do to my family. It's hard for me to focus on anything but the pain that I'm in.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Bruces, you need to get some professional help. It is the best thing for you to do, help is out there all you need is to be willing :hug:

Vaughan

Knowing that you'll never live the life that others do???
Sorry, I have been away from the computer - and must leave again soon. Didn't want to leave you hanging. :)

Speaking personally, I don't obsess on what other peoples lives are like. They're all different, and for all I know they're all in crisis too. A lot of every day life is a facade - from people putting make-up on to look prettier, to those who will only wear special brands of shoes, or drive BMW's for status..... everyone has a mask of one kind or another.

Instead, you need to put the effort into finding out who you are, and what you want. I saw a documentary recently about a family who sailed around the world on a Yacht. It was a life-long dream. That was THEIR life. I enjoyed the documentary, but I couldn't get away from the fact that I'd not ever want to do what they did - that their lives were completely alien to me.

So I'm not sure who these "others" are you're talking about, but the fact is, we're individuals, not a collective. The world is full of scientists, teachers, cops, garbage men, and strippers. All people - and all different people. You just need to figure out who you are. :)

bayareagirl

Bruces, I understand your pain. I'm there too. But none of us can say what the future holds or whether we'll get better or not. The only thing we can change is ourselves, here and now. But I understand how that's too much to contemplate - I honestly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00