Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ozinuk, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Despite all that is happening with me I do manage to hold down a job I do it purely for my customers, today I was called into the office and was given an ultimatum "get your shit together or we'll sack your arse". When I asked why he said that there was no room in the company for a "psycho ex soldier" Despite having countless letters of thanks sent to him from my customers on a weekly basis he still judges me on my problem. I have spoken to some of my regular blue chip clients and they think it disgusting the treatment and the treats I am receiving.

I am now at a loss at what to do now BUT one thing I do know they will regret using this as excuse to force me out. It just goes to show how ignorant and small minded people are they are afraid of the unknown. :sad:
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

There are a lot of ignorant, narrow-minded people out there, people who would try to force out a good employee because of something they know nothing about (and obviously aren't willing to take the time to learn).

Your clients are right; what he's doing to you is disgusting. I really hope there's something you can do to fight them; they shouldn't be able to do this to you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I agree with WildCherry.
    I have seen you give some damn good advice and wisdom on this site and obviously your clients see the same so listen to them!.
    Keep a record of every comment and meeting you have as you may have legal recourse should they try to oust you.
    I think it is noble that you served you country and find their comment way out of line! What an ass, probably jealous of you in some or many ways I suspect, why else say crap like that.
    You are a real asset here as far as I can tell and we want you even if those idiots don't!
    Hugs Bambi
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes there is something he can do as this is discrimination. Keep letters from your custumers as proof of your work ethics and use them against such employer if he does try to fire you. Get legal aid and tell him you won't let such abuse happen and you will fight him if he tries to fire you.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

wow, your boss was harsh. Surely whether you're going a good job or not should be all he has to worry about? :/
    I agree with Mary, this is discrimination. If he fires you, it was backfire on him.
    Keep holding on, there's a lot of good caring people out there, try your best to ignore him :)

Always here if you need to talk :)
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree with violet. You need to start documenting the unnecessary and uncalled for remarks. An employer (atleast in Canada) can not discriminate against an employee for their medical, mental or physical disabilities or conditions.
    The next time he calls you out you can calmly(being calm is usually enough to shake those kind of people up) state that you have evidence of his discrimination and that if he wants to continue or feels that he needs to threaten your job you will take the matter up with the proper government department and people. I think he will back off just as quickly as he dug into you.
    He sounds like nothing more than a bully? Is this his company or does he work under someone else. May be a good idea to have a meeting with his super and let them know what is happening too. It will give you more power when you tell him you have evidence and the uppity ups will be aware of it too. I bet you're not the only employee he does this too.
    It may feel like it will be impossible to do but keep remembering all the clients that say you are a benefit to the job and a great employee. Dont let them or yourself down hun. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.