1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultradian Cycling or really rapid cycling for BP disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I cycle pretty rapidly, usually a few weeks or a month or two between each mood. Is anyone else like this? Ive been depressed for about a week, but at the moment its not too bad. Although thats quite foreboding for me, as I know I'll go into an even worse depression soon before I come up again. But sometimes I have been known to come up and down within one day, and it really confuses me. Anyone else have that too?

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I have it. Rapid cycling bipolar doesn't respond well to drugs. It does respond well to sunglasses ;) See the link in my sig for treatment details. :)

3. ExtreemWays

ExtreemWays Active Member

Hi anarulesmenow,

Yes! Just before I was diagnosed I went through a period of time where I rapid cycled to the extreem. I was cycling on the order of days. I don't remember a whole lot but I do remember being "down" and crying for days and then being "up" and doing crazy stuff, and then down again, etc..

This went on for quite a while. My wife, my family, they didn't know at all what to do.

Anyway, ya, I can relate.

-ew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.